Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
What Have I Done?
nissan
5,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who's got a 3D Tv and what do ya's think?
I put on the shades at JB HiFi the other day,
and it freaked me out, i had only previously seen it with cartoons they were playin, i wasnt impressed

but this time they had the opening to the Olympics,
and all i gotta say is WOW, but not forgetting i only viewed it for a minute,

so if any of you have it, whats it like, ie watching it for hours?

·
Registered
nissan
100 Posts
Who's got a 3D Tv and what do ya's think?
I put on the shades at JB HiFi the other day,
and it freaked me out, i had only previously seen it with cartoons they were playin, i wasnt impressed

but this time they had the opening to the Olympics,
and all i gotta say is WOW, but not forgetting i only viewed it for a minute,

so if any of you have it, whats it like, ie watching it for hours?
Mate has one. It's pretty cool. You need to watch for a few mins before your eyes adjust. Well for me anyway. I'm looking forward to 3d gaming. Ie. Call of duty.

·
Patrol 2.8 TD
nissan patrol
1,640 Posts
I too checked it out at JB, and must say was majorly impressed

·
Patrol 2.8 TD
nissan patrol
1,640 Posts
I think it was a samsung, they had the soccer going. I dont usually watch soccer but geez louise.. it looked great!

·
Registered
nissan
1,841 Posts
I'm in the process of getting samsung LED which I think was about $2600. The 3d version was just under double the price. I think they would boot for some of the the PS3 games etc. Could never justify it though seeing I only ever watch a bit of friday night footy, F1 and a DVD once in a blue moon. Come to think of it, its hard to justify getting any TV.

·
Patrol 2.8 TD
nissan patrol
1,640 Posts
slight derail - after living in a unit for last 3 years with no foxtel, im happy to say that now i can watch it via my xbox.

Technology is amazing.

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
iv got the samsung 58 inch after swapping my sammy 55 inch 3d lcd.

its great,cant watch 3d in anything but a pitch black room, iv been playing crysis 2 in 3d on my 360,and all i can say is its the best experience i have had with games since Oblivion!!!!!!

the HUD sticks out at ya and when you use your guns sights it is like the gun is in front of you.

also if it hurts your eyes and doesnt look right, use the swap left right function on the tv and see if it helps,sometimes people screw with it and leave it on the wrong setting. if i have it wrong on my tv,it gives me a headache,but properly set in a dark room,its perfect.

iv also just aquired a fujifilm W3 3d camera that records 3d in 720p, just waiting on a cord from ebay so i can display it on my tv

·
Patrol 2.8 TD
nissan patrol
1,640 Posts
Oblivion.. what a fantastic game.

Waiting eagerly for Skyim 11.11.11

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
Oblivion.. what a fantastic game.

Waiting eagerly for Skyim 11.11.11
i actually remember playing oblivion for the first time,i was blown away, i also cant wait for 11.11.11!!!!!!

i have a feeling it will be me,some canadian club and a dark room for a week straight playing that game!

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
hahaha i feel ya, i didnt mean it would take a week for me to finish, a week is the time it takes for my girlfriend to call the cops and get them to come and remove me from the loungeroom because shes sick of the stench and mess i am creating

1 - 20 of 42 Posts