Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
nissan patrol gu
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have this set up?
Will 4in Tough Dog adjustable shocks fit under a 2002 GU 4.2TD Patrol with a 3in shocky lift??
If not why not?
I have been told The 4” shocks would be too long in the body and you would probably crunch them on compression.
Is this the case or does this setup actually work.
If you run this set up please tell me how it works???

Thanks

Richard

·
Registered
nissan
1,089 Posts
Does anyone have this set up?
Will 4in Tough Dog adjustable shocks fit under a 2002 GU 4.2TD Patrol with a 3in shocky lift??
If not why not?
I have been told The 4” shocks would be too long in the body and you would probably crunch them on compression.
Is this the case or does this setup actually work.
If you run this set up please tell me how it works???

Thanks

Richard
If you use the right combination of coils & shocks this will work. :D
I regularly supply 3" coils & 4" shocks on patrol members rigs & have had no problems :D
Cheers

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
I have lovells 3" springs with 4" tough dog shocks... Combo works very well... The passenger side needs to be checked after being on a hoist but on full articulation the spring doesn't come out... If your worried about it coming out then put half inch spring packers to keep it in place...
That's my 2cents...

·
Registered
nissan patrol gu
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have lovells 3" springs with 4" tough dog shocks... Combo works very well... The passenger side needs to be checked after being on a hoist but on full articulation the spring doesn't come out... If your worried about it coming out then put half inch spring packers to keep it in place...
That's my 2cents...
I didn't think about them coming out. I have 2in spings with a 1in coil spacer, do you think this would be bad???

·
Registered
nissan patrol gu
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I regularly supply 3" coils & 4" shocks on patrol members rigs & have had no problems :D
Cheers

Ok cool, sounds like I might be in business then.
Thanks again for the reply. I have added your store to my favourites.

·
Registered
nissan
128 Posts
Cheers
I purchaced this set-up of zordo with longer rear arms and drop boxes... Flexes and rides great!!

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
I personally would run with 3" springs and I will get drop out cones if the coil spacers don't fix the fallout that only happens on a hoist and not at full articulation( it's only just on a hoist when getting serviced)... Got others things that are more important at this stage, but it will be done...
Spings on mine are medium and I don't have any draws or fridge installed...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts