Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
nissan patrol 2.8td gu st
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does any1 know how to fab up a 3inch dump pipe or steer me in right direction for 2.8gu,,, got a mate who is a fabricator and has a 9second vl commodore whos done all of his own work on his car so i thought it would be a good idea if he could fab me up exhaust system for my 4b he had a quick look at my 4b and said couldnt be done,,, i laughed at him and told him every man and his dog is doin this 3 inch dump pipe,,, obviously he hasnt worked on a patrol... i really want him to do it cause it will be so cheap for me...

·
Registered
nissan
1,194 Posts
hey camp,
my mate has a vl as well but he had a mate from labrador do all his engine , engine pipes , dump extractors and ull 3.3/4 exhaust . it can be done . getting hime to do my exhaust and dump wen i can get a chance .gotta love mates rates!!

·
Registered
Nissan
6,063 Posts
Get in touch with Scotts Rods in QLD they make a dump pipe.

Cheers

Justin

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Get in touch with Scotts Rods in QLD they make a dump pipe.

Cheers

Justin
yer i did quoted for 220 delivered, my mate could do alot better on price but needs to know technique i told him ill do sum research for him before my 4b goes on hoist next week for proper check

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks for that,,, just to confirm for my fabricator that dump pipe is exactly 3inch from one end to another???

·
Registered
nissan
11,153 Posts
are they a 5 bolt flange???
if so i remember a bloke on another forum saying that 5 bolt flanges are almost exactly the same size as a 3 inch pipe and he just bashed, tack welded and bent his into shape. took about half an hour or so.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks again troy,,, see how me n mate go on this project might be a few people interested on here to buy supply and fit 3inch custom mandrel bend exhaust system for a cheaper price from his auto n fabricator shop newly opened in western sydney... R & B ENGINEERING fabrications & automotive customs...

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
hey troy i had another look at my turbo from top my turbo looks tiny personally with not much experience i cant see how 3inch dump pipe would fit to turbo,,, sorry to be a pain can u post a pic from top or someonelse in matter of fact can post a pic help me out im trying to get as much info as i can save alot of time for my friend...

·
Registered
Nissan
6,063 Posts
If you can wait I'll post up very detailed pics of mine as I did a lot of welding and grinding to smooth out the exhaust flow.

Cheers

Justin

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
If you can wait I'll post up very detailed pics of mine as I did a lot of welding and grinding to smooth out the exhaust flow.

Cheers

Justin
hey justin thanks for your input, i can wait, my 4b is goin to the fab shop next tuesday for a proper inspection...

·
Patrol 2.8 TD
nissan patrol
1,640 Posts
so for me to go 3 inch , i need 1 of these dump thingamajigs?

anyfn else?

·
Gunner
nissan patrol
4,162 Posts
Can I do the same with a 3.0L Turbo, interested and watching this thread.

·
Registered
Nissan
1,671 Posts
Can I do the same with a 3.0L Turbo, interested and watching this thread.
You certainly can but I'm not sure if you need a 3" for a 3.0l. Best for those who have them to answer that

·
Gunner
nissan patrol
4,162 Posts
Thanks for that Troy, i will have to look into it more, i think

1 - 20 of 38 Posts