Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello all i have a 5 seat gu 2004 zd30 i want to put in the 3rd row seats to make it a 7 seater dose any one know who can install this and is it possible i have the seats for the 3rd row the rear trims upper and lower and i have the seat belts can any one help

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
Where are you located at. State, Country, RTA list installers

·
KICKEN BACK IN THE BUSH
4,691 Posts
Best bet jump on the Main Roads/Dept of Transport website in your state
Each state has different rulings regarding modifications

Yes change of seating capacity is classed as a modification

·
Enemy of Reality
11,874 Posts
hello all i have a 5 seat gu 2004 zd30 i want to put in the 3rd row seats to make it a 7 seater dose any one know who can install this and is it possible i have the seats for the 3rd row the rear trims upper and lower and i have the seat belts can any one help
Where are you mate? My brother did this for his neighbour and got it modded by the DOT in QLD. Easy job for soomeone with the know how... And my bro is always after a little extra cash.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I'm not familiar with your models but on the GU in South Africa we have the GL and GRX, GL is manual, normal aircon , fabric seats and only a 5 seater. The GRX has all the bells and whistles and 7 seater.

This is my experience from a fitment side:
On my GL I found the following: (I found a donor GRX for my third row seats but here is the difference and problems) (this is for the 3rd row
The left seat belt anchor nuts are all in place.
The right has only the top and tensioner part, not the bottom third anchor point. The nuts for the seat latches are all in place and you can bolt the latch in place.
BUT the plate on which the seats are bolted on is not in my vehicle. This plate is spot welded to the wheel well and on the right side contains the third anchor point.

As from trims, the top cream colored trim has extra holes fro the seat belts.. The black bottom has a slot for the seats and hole for lower seat belt anchor point

·
Gunner
4,165 Posts
My 3rd row of seats are out and I now have draws in their place, however I have kept my seat belts in situ and have also still got the seats (wrapped in plastic) in storage. If I should get pulled over and asked about it, we have only just returned from a big trip away/about to leave on a camping trip. This way I can also put the seats put back should I ever (God forbid) decide to sell it.

·
Enemy of Reality
11,874 Posts
Ah, I see why you PM'd me now! Lol! It's been a while! My bro would love to do it, but he's having a shoulder reconstruction today - so he's out of the Q for a few months :(... It's pretty easy if any of your mates are good on a welder. As i said, just get the seats from a wreckers, drill out the spotwelds in the brackets where they're held onto the interior of the car itself and get all the bitsnpieces together. MAKE SURE you measure up the location of the brackets... better still, get a mate who also has a GU 7 seater to come 'round to use as a template. Measure up. Dummy fit, then weld in place. Then take it to DOT for mod plating. Day job.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts