Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
nissan safari y60
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have factory 7 seater and have removed the 3rd row seats and will eventually build draws for the back, so have no plans to refit it.
Was wonerding if the 5 seat models still have the mounting points as I'm thinking of selling it seatbelts and all ?
Info would be great for any prospective buyer.

·
just a good guy.
2009 gu ute
9,440 Posts
don;t know about nz but in south aust if u remove third row seats u must leave in seat belts or is classed as un roadworthy. if u remove seatbelts would need a engineers report to convert compliance to a five seater. also if sold to a vehicle that is 5 seater and changes to 7 seater would need sliding rear windows as fixed windows in seven seater are not legal.

·
Registered
nissan safari y60
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thought that may be the case here too. My truck only has one sliding window in the back as it has a factory cooler box in the back. Havnt had any probs getting warrant of fittness but seatbelts are still in the back.
Might have to check with land transport, the seat was in a cupboard until the weekend when the wife decided to have a cleanout and dont have room in the garage for it.

·
naturally asthmatic
4,387 Posts
Here in BC, you would also need to leave in the belts; but I doubt if you would ever get pinched for taking them out if there are no seats there. In BC, any change in seating capacity requires buy law that you have a vehicle inspection done buy a licensed shop and that the appropriate changes are made on the registration. I suspect they would be more concerned with adding seating capacity to a vehicle and not having it inspected - or as you say down there - get an engineers certificate. There is nothing in our safety regulations that requires the rear seating window to be able to open. Many North American station wagons and SUVs have rear windows which do not open fully.

·
Enemy of Reality
nissan 09 gu patrol
11,848 Posts
don;t know about nz but in south aust if u remove third row seats u must leave in seat belts or is classed as un roadworthy. if u remove seatbelts would need a engineers report to convert compliance to a five seater. also if sold to a vehicle that is 5 seater and changes to 7 seater would need sliding rear windows as fixed windows in seven seater are not legal.

you sure about the window thing? the GUs have NO option for opening 3rd row windows. Wish they did!

·
Registered
nissan
10 Posts
Can I chahge my third row seat facing front to side by side seats where passengers face each other while not modifying the rear aircon and cool box? Entry and exit is easier that way and you can fold it up if you need cargo space.

·
Part of the furniture around here
nissan
19,131 Posts
I have factory 7 seater and have removed the 3rd row seats and will eventually build draws for the back, so have no plans to refit it.
Was wonerding if the 5 seat models still have the mounting points as I'm thinking of selling it seatbelts and all ?
Info would be great for any prospective buyer.
One day you may plan to sell your Patrol and without the rear seats, it'll be worth a lot less. Store the seats somewhere safe and dry, they don't take up that much space.

Cheers

Ray

·
Registered
nissan safari y60
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ive decided to keep them, even if they dont go back in the seatbelts look like they might be an option to keep for spares in the front.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts