Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
nissan patrol
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey out there. Just recieved my TD42T motor today and want to get the ball rolling. the first question is the 3ltr gearbox, will it handle a heavily tweeked TD42T motor or is a 4.2 gearbox the way to go. I have heard that the floor pan in the 3ltr GU is different to the 4.2 and you have to fit body blocks to get the 4.2 gearbox to fit. Is this true? Last question is about fuel pumps. Does any body know of a good diesel pump shop for me to contact about pump mods for a garrett GT3071 turbo. I have a custom intake manifold and water to air intercooler system sorted out but the pump is the next thing. Many thanks. Stu

·
Registered
nissan patrol
613 Posts
Last question is about fuel pumps. Does any body know of a good diesel pump shop for me to contact about pump mods for a garrett GT3071 turbo. I have a custom intake manifold and water to air intercooler system sorted out but the pump is the next thing. Many thanks. Stu
Contact Steve from Highway Diesel at Coopers Plains. they are on Annie st.
Ph 3277 5244
they will be able to sort you out. They have done quite a few pump mods for comp trucks with over 260 hp

·
Registered
nissan
546 Posts
The 3l has the same box as the 4.2, so id imagine the floorpans would be identical.
Zappa

·
Registered
nissan patrol
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cool thanks for that. I thought it would be unusual for the floor pans to be different in the same vehicle construction with different motors. I gather that the spacer plate on the front of the box is to be removed due to the 4.2 being a longer motor than the 3ltr.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts