Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

Long time no post. My dads best mate is finally about to sell his patrol and he asked me if i wanted to buy it before he puts it on the net.

He has owned the vehicle since brand new and its only done 118,000 km and is in pretty darn good condition for its age... Its a GU patrol, not sure of year (1998-2002 i guess), dx, wagon, manual, with the 4.2 ltr diesel but its N/A not turbo.

What do you think its worth realistically?? Car is standard apart from 2 inch arb lift kit, arb bull bar and 32" all terrains.

Cheers in advance lads.

·
just a good guy.
2009 gu crd ute
8,123 Posts
What's he asking for it.

·
Registered
2001 GU ST TD42t coil cab (gold)
4,078 Posts
Tell him he's dreaming!!

·
Registered
nissan
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
He hasn't given me a price yet but he was indicating around $25-30k. It is the 4.2 and manual, so i recon that would help with the resale on his behalf, but i dont want to pay too much for it either.

·
Registered
nissan
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If it was factory turbo dx with those km's you might push $20-25k but not N/A
Okay thanks for the reply mate, if i decide to buy it, are there any decent turbo kits available? or are these too unreliable?

·
Banned
5,323 Posts
St factory turbo wagon in good nic,non raped might fetch 20.

my 00 stocko low km st factory turbo cost 11, just had to get rego.
The bubble has well and truly burst on em.

·
LED ZEPPELIN
1995 GQ TD42 NA
12,449 Posts
$20k would be a good deal for you, but only if you intend to own it for a long time (to take advantage of the offroad ability and reliability). Otherwise buy a D-Max and enjoy more (lots more!) power and better fuel economy.

Have you driven it? You need to be a patient person to own an NA TD42. I've had one for five years, I have forgotten what it feels like to overtake a slow car, because I can't :LOL:

·
LED ZEPPELIN
1995 GQ TD42 NA
12,449 Posts
He won't get 25-30k. You're getting too close to GUIV TD42T money, or all-the-fruit tourers with factory turbo, as the boys indicated.

·
Registered
nissan
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Awesome thanks for the replies guys appreciate it, at least now i know where i stand and what target price i should be negotiating...

I just bought myself a brand new top of the range MR Triton gls premium, with 6spd auto, leather, heated seats, diff lock, 7 years warranty, its perfect as my "tourer" plus i just poured $15k into it aswell... I just toyed with the idea of buying the 4.2 an building a project offroader (4" lift, 35's or 37's, reduction gears, twin lockers etc). If i can get it for the right coin (approx $15k) i think i might do it, but if hes dreaming il let him worry about trying to move it.

·
Banned
5,323 Posts
Awesome thanks for the replies guys appreciate it, at least now i know where i stand and what target price i should be negotiating...

I just bought myself a brand new top of the range MR Triton gls premium, with 6spd auto, leather, heated seats, diff lock, 7 years warranty, its perfect as my "tourer" plus i just poured $15k into it aswell... I just toyed with the idea of buying the 4.2 an building a project offroader (4" lift, 35's or 37's, reduction gears, twin lockers etc). If i can get it for the right coin (approx $15k) i think i might do it, but if hes dreaming il let him worry about trying to move it.
[/QUOTE
Buy a blown s4 zd for a few k and save the coin you would spend on making the td go faster and put a decent motor in, then build that up.

·
Registered
nissan
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Okay cheers for the advice Simcoe, ill see what he wants for it and take it from there... at least now i know the 4.2 bubble has burst and not to offer too much because he was implying high 20's initially.

·
Banned
5,323 Posts
High 20’s🤪😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂🤣😂😂😂😂😂😂

realistically, being a dx na4.2 he should be paying you to take it off his hands. Lol

·
Registered
Nissan
6,688 Posts
High 20’s🤪😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂🤣😂😂😂😂😂😂

realistically, being a dx na4.2 he should be paying you to take it off his hands. Lol

If he wants 25-30 for it he might be trying to sell it for a while

·
Registered
nissan
71 Posts
I payed 10k for my na but still turboed td42. In my opinion it was maybe too much given the amount of kms. Either way, if its tidy and reliable why not?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts