Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
nissan patrol 1989 wagon
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys I have just installed an intercooler to help with after market turbo heat. I dont know if I bumped something or not but motor still keeps running with key turned off & keys removed from ignition, Has anyone suggestions on help with the problem please.
hoffy8

·
Premium Member
nissan
5,279 Posts
Hi guys I have just installed an intercooler to help with after market turbo heat. I dont know if I bumped something or not but motor still keeps running with key turned off & keys removed from ignition, Has anyone suggestions on help with the problem please.
hoffy8
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoffy8
Hi guys, I have a 89 Nissan Patrol wagon that I bought new, until my son decided to go to WA & took dad's car. I now have it back after 7 years, problem I have is that I have install top mount Intercooler, motor runs fine but when I turn ignition off motor keeps running, also when I remove key it still runs & dash lights are all lit. Patrol is 4.2 ltr diesel. I don't know if I have knocked something or not???
Has anyone had similar problem. Any tips appreciated. Hoffy8

Welcome again.

I will ask the same questions.

Has this problem just started?

He hasn't just put a turbo timer on the vehicle has he?

Does it run for a while and then stop?

Ask your son. Has this happened to him before.

The General Patrol Discussion or GQ area would be a good place to post this. Not the General Discussion. I appreciate they are very similar by name, but look at quite different things.

Maybe a moderator will move it for you so you get maximum feedback.

·
Premium Member
nissan
2,302 Posts
Did you also fit a cooling fan to the intercooler? If so, try disconnecting the fan where you tapped into the vehicle's original wiring.

·
Registered
nissan patrol 1989 wagon
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Yendor.
No, I have not connected fan as yet as I wanted to try out the intercooler first.
Thanks
hoffy8

1 - 4 of 4 Posts