Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
nissan patrol st
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok first i need to point out that the patrol was drowned almost 2 years ago (stopped in a water crossing with water over the bonnet and eventually just as high inside so over the dash) and the engine ingested a little water. the patrol was recovered and eventually was running VERY rough on gas but not at all on petrol. left the patrol over night at camp to dryout and in the morning it ran almost 100% normal on gas so limped it home. since then it has run fine on gas but on petrol it now will normally start but splutters and coughs with the revs jumping from round 400 to 1500 rpm then stalling after a few seconds OR once the vehicle is upto tempterature if i go for a run on gas then park the car and flick it to petrol most of the time it will idle just perfect and if i press the accelerator SLOWLY it will rev upto about 2500rpm normally then starts to miss fire and crap any high than that also if i press the accelerator like you normally would it straight away goes to stall unless i take my foot straigh back off.

while i was away for work my missus was using the patrol and the starter motor went so she just called out lube mobile since she needed the patrol. they replaced the starter motor and had a look at the petrol issue. she said they hooked up a unit directly to the engine by passing the petrol tank/pump that they then hooked upto an air compressor to be sure the patrol was getting fuel and at pressure and it still behaved the same.

i am just a bit confused as to why it runs perfect on gas but has this trouble on petrol. ive taken the injectors out and cleaned them the best i can including sitting them in cleaner for a few days on end still to have the same problem. my only next thought is to get the injectors cleaned via deatomizing or whatever it is.

wondering if anyone else has had or herd of a similar problem or has any ideas before i fork over buckets of cash just to find out what the problem is?

thanks guys in advance.

·
Registered
nissan patrol st
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah i don't plan on keeping it. will be changing over to a deisel at some stage but while i wait if i can get it going on petrol would be great.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts