Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Nissan Patrol GQ
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi im looking at turbo charging my 4500 but would like to know exactly what i would have to do internally to the engine to be able to run 15psi of boost all day long. The plan is to strap to two T28 ball bearing turbos to it each running 7-8psi intercooled of course. If anyone knows what parts i should run or even where i might be able to source them that would be great.

·
Autos are Superior
11,701 Posts

·
Registered
Nissan Patrol GQ
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
cheers mate ill look into the turbo sizes but wat else can go wrong? are the conrods the only thing to worry about or will i need to change pistons ect....?

·
Registered
nissan
776 Posts
cheers mate ill look into the turbo sizes but wat else can go wrong? are the conrods the only thing to worry about or will i need to change pistons ect....?

Did you read through the link Truckster gave you?..

IIRC my mate is putting custom pistons into his rig for the turbo.

·
Registered
Nissan Patrol GQ
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeh had a read. Gives me an idea of wat i need to do. Wat sort of power is your mate getting out of his rig?

·
Registered
A45 AMG, Ranger :(
1,163 Posts
Twin T28's would work but will make it overly complicated.

XR6 turbo or similar sized will give similar boost response to twins, mate has a 80 series with the 4.5 pet, stock XR6 turbo and builds boost that progressively it feels like a large capacity engine, and TB45's have better heads then the Toyota's to.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts