Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
N/A
nissan patrol
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
After much reading (thank you for all the great info) and searching I have just bought a nice, completely stock, 2002 4.8
Before I start bolting all the fun bit on, I would like a mechanic to do an overhaul and the 200,000km service.
Im looking at a full fluid change (engine, radiator, trans, transfer, both diffs, brakes ect), belts and an in-depth inspection of everything else.
Does anyone have a good mechanic that they could recommend? preferably in the northern or eastern suburbs.
Thanks

·
Registered
nissan
46 Posts
I used to go to a place in Mornington touted as providing a 'premium service', specializing in 4.8 Patrols. 'You pay a bit more but the work is second to none' I was told. The only thing premium was the price. Took it in for a minor service and a new cat once. Left with a bill over $2k including a near complete brake job without so much as a phone call for me to ok the work.

I now go to a place in Carrum Downs specializing in LPG. They immediately picked up on a few things that Mr. Premium failed to resolve over months of giving him my business. They're honest and also take the time to explain everything.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts