Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi does anyone have the wiring diagram for a lp gas1 vapor injection system for a 4.8 patrol, removing system and not alot of plug and play, I think the injector wires were cut and joined. Just like to know where all the wires go before I start pulling stuff out. Thanks All

·
GHMBC #3
nissan patrol gq lwb,3"lift.
3,788 Posts
can't help you with the wiring diadram but would be interested in seeing complete setup when its off and making an offer if it's for sale

·
Registered
nissan
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes it will be for sale the system was fitted in '07 so tank may may be in date.

·
Registered
nissan/patrol
3,663 Posts
can't help you with the wiring diadram but would be interested in seeing complete setup when its off and making an offer if it's for sale
Be aware gasburner that for boosted engines the vapour system will require two injectors per cylinder to cope with demand.

·
GHMBC #3
3,788 Posts
thanks for that info simmo.am interested to have a play with vapor inj and turbo on another project

·
Registered
nissan/patrol
3,663 Posts
Go the whole hog and try liquid injection?

Cheers

Justin
I've looked into this and there doesn't seem to be any DIY systems out there yet. Also I am unsure of the compatibility of an aftermarket ecu to run the show. Most of the systems out from JTG cater for certain cars with proprietary ecu's and equipment with installation only to be carried out by approved fitters. No customs installs in older engines yet.

So far from what I've seen when installed to dual fuel xr6t it gained 15rwkw without any tuning or timing adjustment. Gains have said to be upwards of 30-40rwkw after tuning on the same boost level. Imagine what you can do when the boost is bumped up!

I'm going to wait till there are some examples out there already before I dive into it.

After some quick research I found a company in italy that sells kits and parts for the systems. Things are looking up.
http://www.roushcleantech.com/content/fuel-system-overview

·
GHMBC #3
3,788 Posts
Go the whole hog and try liquid injection?

Cheers

Justin
would be good to do with a xr6/8t but probably a giant headache with a tb42 lol. the tb42 is going well with the m90 and blos.instant boost on throttle, running in vac on de acceleration, on zero when cruising :)

·
Registered
Nissan
6,063 Posts
Just an FYI.

Back in the early 90's guys were modifying petrol injectors and put liquid gas into them.

Although maybe not ideal it does work.

Cheers

Justin

·
Registered
Nissan
6,063 Posts
Gas tank already pressurised so no need for any extra pumps.

Latent heat of vaporisation was the key to how well liquid injection works.

Cheers

Justin

·
Registered
nissan patrol
2,149 Posts
Gas tank already pressurised so no need for any extra pumps.

Latent heat of vaporisation was the key to how well liquid injection works.

Cheers

Justin
The latest LI systems are using the petrol injectors, but they have a in tank variable high pressure pump. standard tank pressure is no where near enough, and injection pressure is dependent on a lot of variables like butane/propane mix ratio, ambient and engine temp, ect.

·
Registered
Nissan
6,063 Posts
The latest LI systems are using the petrol injectors, but they have a in tank variable high pressure pump. standard tank pressure is no where near enough, and injection pressure is dependent on a lot of variables like butane/propane mix ratio, ambient and engine temp, ect.
Much more sophisticated now but I'm talking over 20 years ago when people were experimenting.

Gas wants to be a vapour so the injectors were a crude but effective means of getting liquid lpg to the engine that then vaporised much faster and easier then petrol.

Cheers

Justin

1 - 15 of 15 Posts