Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
nissan patrol
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yep, $431.36 is apparently the cost of the "R/H/F DOOR MOULD" after some muppet reversed into me on Sat night. The evaluator even checked with two separate dealerships to confirm both what the item was and the cost of it. All he could get is that the mould was the correct price.

Can anyone tell me what the "R/H/F DOOR MOULD" (other than a Right Hand Front Door Mould!!) actually is, and why what appears to be a piece of 2” wide by the length of the front door piece of plastic should cost $431?

·
Registered
nissan
8,930 Posts
Genuine spare part

First rule of spare parts, dont think of it in terms of what it actually cost in materials.

·
Patrol 2.8 TD
nissan patrol
1,640 Posts
Genuine spare part

First rule of spare parts, dont think of it in terms of what it actually cost in materials.
Second rule of spare parts, if you do decide to think of the cost of the materials, multiply it by 100 for the over the counter cost.

·
Autos are Superior
11,701 Posts
clutch booster, 1 moving part. . . made of mild steel, and the size of a cricket ball. . . $1,370!
Front diff housing bare $1100 last time I asked.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Expensive,,,,Hell yeah!
Ridiculous,,,,Hell yeah!
Unusual in spare parts (not just Nissan) NOPE! Unless you are driving something aussie or Korean most door moulds are anywhere from $100-$600.

Think yourself lucky it is not a TOJO. Firstly it would be $900 and secondly you would be driving a crapheap. :)
On the plus side for that money I presume it is a painted one. To get a mould painted these days is the best part of $100 so there is a quarter of the price right there.
Sounds like some muppets insurance is paying for it. Assuming that is the case who gives a rats if it is $4k.

·
Autos are Superior
11,701 Posts
what bout left rear on the passengers door? how much?

·
KICKEN BACK IN THE BUSH
nissan gq
4,690 Posts
So the plastic costs 1/2 a cent in materials
Labour works out at 5 cents an hour
Then the ridiculous tooling/R + D costs

Then the killer costs,handling costs
Manufacturer,importer,warehouse,import tax,handling fee,stocking fee,did i mention handling fees
Then the slight "Genuine"parts extra charges
Then if its an insurance claim,whack a bit more on cause ya can

·
Autos are Superior
11,701 Posts
Thats not really too bad considering the weight and size of it.
thats what I mean, its not always "ROBBERY"...

I've found several items over time cheapr at Nissan than repco/Bursons/Super****/Autobarn etc too.

·
Go Hard or Go Home
3,197 Posts
thats what I mean, its not always "ROBBERY"...

I've found several items over time cheapr at Nissan than repco/Bursons/Super****/Autobarn etc too.
Agreed, & thats why it pays to shop around.....

·
Autos are Superior
11,701 Posts
I must admit, Im shocked nobody has taken these up in Fiberglass as a $100 cheap replacement option... they would literally sell fawkin 100's... most people would remove the plastic ones and fit these, and refit plastic when selling the car!

·
Registered
nissan
1,841 Posts
Was in the bike shop the other day and a guy handed over $118 for a spark plug for a KTM. Notice I said "a" plug, not 6 or 8 of them. Cars are bad, but bike parts are insane.

·
Registered
nissan
399 Posts
Was in the bike shop the other day and a guy handed over $118 for a spark plug for a KTM. Notice I said "a" plug, not 6 or 8 of them. Cars are bad, but bike parts are insane.
Did he have to supply his own Vaseline as well?

1 - 20 of 40 Posts