Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My shiny new 4800 patrol isnt to slow - but my mate recently got the first new STX Navara according to Nissan, and does it go.

This is the new 550nm 170kw 3lt V6 diesel mated to a 7 speed auto.

Almost as quiet as my GU petrol - but it pulls like a train even up a hill - smooth very strong and keeps going.

I put in on my ramp though , and while the wheel travel was better than I expected its pretty poor - so when we go driving I'm going to find just the biggest ruts I can.

Robin Miller

·
KICKEN BACK IN THE BUSH
nissan gq
4,690 Posts
So we buy 4x4s as drag cars now ???

The navara weighs what ???
The patrol weighs what ???
Power to weight,every time

I still larf regarding 3 tonne towing capacity in the newer 4x4s, does make me wonder

·
Registered
nissan patrol
154 Posts
iv got a 4wd to go any where but in saying that i dont wana take a week to get there thats why mine has the rumble of a v8:D

·
Registered
nissan
446 Posts
wow by nissan brochure the new stx weighs in at 3010kg...

·
Weekend Warrior
Nissan patrol
10,348 Posts
an old MQ or MK would be great converted to 2wd and IFS, with a lazy old V8 like an F-Truck.

Good little beat around bomb.

·
Registered
nissan
184 Posts
I have the 2002 4.8L 5 speed Auto with just on 100 000kms on her and was in Newcastle a few weeks ago with one of these New navaras beside me (Wife was driving) stopped at a set of Traffic lights with an awesome sounding exhaust on it

As soon as the Lights turned green he was off so my wife put the pedal to the metal and our good ole 4.8L got past him and stayed in front....And yes he was flat in the Navara as it had an Awesome exhaust note coming from it and damn can they move

Also to note this one off I have 2 mates with v6 commodores one a 2002 and a 2006 and I can beat both cars off the mark and up high

Love my 4.8L power

p.s (I do not condone Speeding)

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have the 2002 4.8L 5 speed Auto with just on 100 000kms on her and was in Newcastle a few weeks ago with one of these New navaras beside me (Wife was driving) stopped at a set of Traffic lights with an awesome sounding exhaust on it

As soon as the Lights turned green he was off so my wife put the pedal to the metal and our good ole 4.8L got past him and stayed in front....And yes he was flat in the Navara as it had an Awesome exhaust note coming from it and damn can they move

Also to note this one off I have 2 mates with v6 commodores one a 2002 and a 2006 and I can beat both cars off the mark and up high

Love my 4.8L power

p.s (I do not condone Speeding)

Hi Brad
What do you reckon.

Maybe it was the STX 4X4 not STX-550 , my mate was told he got first registered one and that was 2 weeks ago.

The STX was already best around with either 140kw diesel or 198kw petrol - before they
did this limited release of this new STX-550.

Robin

·
Registered
nissan
184 Posts
Hi Brad
What do you reckon.

Maybe it was the STX 4X4 not STX-550 , my mate was told he got first registered one and that was 2 weeks ago.

The STX was already best around with either 140kw diesel or 198kw petrol - before they
did this limited release of this new STX-550.

Robin
Hi mate

yeh Im not too sure But I know it was a newer one and Looked awesome
It had a different front grille (Chrome) to ther older ones and looked great but It did sound like a Petrol one as it was beefy as but maybe it was the older version as this was like 3 - 4 weeks ago too

Cheers
Brad

·
Registered
nissan
184 Posts
Dont get in a drag with a X5 40d then.
Its 3l twin turbo strait 6 diesel pumps out 225kw / 600nm which gets its 2.1 tonne up to 100km in just over 6 1/2 seconds :shock:
MMM very nice......

·
BORDERTREK 4X4 & FABRICATION
8,549 Posts
My shiny new 4800 patrol isnt to slow - but my mate recently got the first new STX Navara according to Nissan, and does it go.

This is the new 550nm 170kw 3lt V6 diesel mated to a 7 speed auto.
Even the 2.5t i/c Navara pulls like a train up hills. Even with a loaded trailer on. Surprised the hell outa me and my right foot.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Dont get in a drag with a X5 40d then.
Its 3l twin turbo strait 6 diesel pumps out 225kw / 600nm which gets its 2.1 tonne up to 100km in just over 6 1/2 seconds :shock:
That probably explains the 3.0 d badge I saw on a Z4 roadster the other day. i was thinking WTF???? Why would you put a diesel in a roadster, surely you wouldn't want ANY compromise in performance for economy... If its tuned the same then 225kW and 600Nm in something that weighs about as much as a box of cereal might be the answer! I'm still not sold on the idea of a diesel exhaust note on a roadster though...

·
Registered
nissan
1,961 Posts
That probably explains the 3.0 d badge I saw on a Z4 roadster the other day. i was thinking WTF???? Why would you put a diesel in a roadster, surely you wouldn't want ANY compromise in performance for economy... If its tuned the same then 225kW and 600Nm in something that weighs about as much as a box of cereal might be the answer! I'm still not sold on the idea of a diesel exhaust note on a roadster though...
No diesel z4 at this stage, someone must have been playin funny buggers with the badges lol.

Closest to a performance diesel at the moment in Aus is the 330d 3 series coupe/sedan with the single turbo version of the 3l diesel which has lower output of 180kw/520nm, but in the lighter car will still do 0 -100km/h in 6.1 sec. They dont sound to bad at full noise :D. There is a 335d version with higher output in europe but unfortunately not available in Aus.

I drive a 123d at the moment which bmw have managed to get 150kw/400nm out of a 2.0 diesel twin turbo. Is on even par to a Golf GTI turbo petrol with a flat 7 sec 0 - 100 lol.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts