Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
nissan patrol
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all

Have been working on a conversion 2.8 to a ls1 with 4l60e and have got most things done but am trying to work out what to use as a shifter.

What have people out there used? as the standard one fouls on the transfer shifter

Cheers

·
Registered
nissan patrol
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had a look on B&M website and its says

'(* fits 4L60E when used with custom installation where an aftermarket controller is used to command the transmission. 4L60E factory neutral safety switch may interfere with B&M shift lever on '97 and later transmissions).'

What the ?

·
Registered
nissan patrol
40 Posts
I ended up using a b&m quicksilver shifter in mine after a lot of f***ing around trying to get others to work without doing body lift.

·
Registered
126 Posts
i used the factory gu one on mine, i just converted it to cable, i used a shifter cable off a tr magna, and made 2 cable brackets one mounted to the body under the shifter and the other one mounted with a couple of the pan bolts on the transmission, it takes a bit of stuffing around to get the cable mounted in the right place on the shifter lever. to get first gear on the shifter you need to get a die grinder and put an extra notch on the shifter.
There was a fair bit of mucking around to get it set up but looks a lot neater then the b&m option, and from what ive heard there a pig to set up too

1 - 6 of 6 Posts