Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
nissan patrol
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys
when changing into 4th at reasonably high revs with a quite quick change, wouldnt call it slow, there is small gear grind, is this the sincro? east fix?
no grinding with a slow change at any revs
thanks

·
Registered
nissan
517 Posts
Patrol boxes do not like fast shifts, they have a large set of cogs which don't spin as fast as a smaller box, so yes it is probably your syncho's.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeh understood
how pricey would it b to replace the syncro, or worth doing the lot if im gonna go to the trouble of one??

·
Buy the Patrol Back
nissan patrol
1,460 Posts
Do you really need to quick shift? not taking the piss but I assuming you have a diesel just trying to understand the reasoning for quick shifting unless it is crunching all the time I would just drive the thing.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
just curious, its quite easy to change gears without and grinding, and its how i drive 99% of the time, only really when in the bush, im sure we all do a quick change every now and then :D but no stress, i got wat i needed, isnt that wat this forum is about, asking questions......

·
Creepy Lurker
nissan
542 Posts
I think Nissan said around $1200 to remove and replace the synchro. So that should be the most expensive and just get cheaper from there. I'd just change to the recommened oil first and try that.

·
Registered
297 Posts
I had the same problem with mine last year. Pretty common with 4th gear. Ended up getting the clutch replaced with a Safari Tuff Clutch and all the syncros replaced (all in poor condition due to wrong oil by previous owner) at once. Cost just over 3k. Think i remember them saying around $200 per syncro for part only so $1200 sounds about right with labour.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts