Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys

Just a quick one

I find when im in 4 low in my 06 GU that it tends to "jump" out of 4 low when the pressure comes off the gear box.

It happens quite often and of course at the worse possible time.

Any clue what this may be?

Huffy

·
Registered
nissan patrol
58 Posts
My gq did that it was it sincro in the transfer for 4x4 to engadge I think some1 was very hard on it b4 I bought it can you keep it in gear by holding the gear stick or does it just drive it straight out again

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Na i have to hold it in. It wont do it all the time in low but as soon as you put the foot on the clutch and it goes from having quite a bit of pressure to nothing it'll jump out.

·
Registered
nissan
546 Posts
Maybe the prevoius was real hard on the changes 4l -4h and vice versa, I think there must be some damage in the transfer.
my ol mq that had done a zillion kays use to jump out of 4th, id just jam a pillow in to keep her in when travelling! Sorry you just jogged my memory.
How many kays has it done? and how long have you had it, changed oils recently?
Zappa

·
Registered
nissan patrol
2,149 Posts
easy fix. Go to marks 4x4 and get a locking plate for it. that way you can lock it into 4L 4H 2H all seperatly
Body Lift Kits

·
Registered
612 Posts
the boot on the trans shifter is pushed down the lever to far this stops the lever locking in to the lock out ,and there are no syncos in the transfer case and syncos do not make a gearbox jump out of gear

1 - 8 of 8 Posts