Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
nissan patrol
2,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought I would start a thread of the good things that 4WDers contribute to this great country.

The CQ Offroad Club has just organised a clean up of 9 Mile Beach. Together with Parks, the local council and members of the community we filled a truck with rubbish and made a difference. What have you been involved with? Let's get as many pics and stories of 4WDers doing the hard yards and making a difference.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1429445103.425478.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1429445117.887285.jpg

·
Registered
nissan
2,091 Posts
A number of years ago I organised a big clean up day at one of Perths most popular 4wding spots "The Powerlines".
It started with me stating on the Perth4x4 forum that I was gonna go out with a trailer and clean things up a bit after a day trip left me bewildered at the amount of rubbish around. Well it snowballed and we ended up with about 30 vehicles and 8 trailers and we cleaned up the place pretty good.

It was a losing battle though coz a few weeks later the track was the same as before, probably worse.

I soon came to the painful realisation that for every genuinely good bloke in a 4b there's 2 units following behind throwing beer bottles out the window.

·
Doing It My Way
nissan
1,774 Posts
Great work, every track we take i see some grub thinks that it's his right to dump rubbish in the bush. Every time we camp on straddie we have to pick up a heap of rubbish from previous campers. Just yesterday on my day off i thought I'd go for a wheel around Callide Dam just to find bunt out camp fires full of bottle's and rubbish.

Sorry about my rant it just makes me SO angry that these 1% GRUBS do this to our great country and give us all a bad name.

·
The Googlest, Apparently!
nissan patrol
15,795 Posts
Never on an organised 4x4 outing, but I have picked up other peoples rubbish and taken it out, made others pick up their chit and near got in a few fights over litter.

Just shiats me that we even have the mess in the first place. Littering is one of my pet peeves.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
2,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Great stuff guys, but let's just focus on the good things that 4WDers accomplish and not the 1% that don't. It's to easy to focus on the negative things. Cheers

·
Registered
nissan
4,831 Posts
Well done Patrol Dude, needs to be more of this, aas much as it can seem like a waisted effort:(

When I first came to Perth it was really a clean place you could drive most places and see very little rubbish or graffiti if any, now it's quite the opposite nearly everywhere there's crap that's been thown out a car window. We use to get advitising and education on littering obviously cheaper to do nothing now.

Last time I read about an attempt to organise a clean up on Perth tracks too many goodie two shoes got involved and before it got started it was canned due to legal, and liability issues, go figure???

No need to leave your rubbish always take more home than I went with, but we have afew on here that drop crapp at there arse when out

·
Registered
nissan
876 Posts
I always leave a spot cleaner that when i find it. My kids are on the ball too, picking up rubbish for us to take home to dispose of correctly.
One simple way of keeping rubbish levels down is to burn your toilet paper. Nothng worse than finding a beautiful spot covered in someone elses poo paper.

·
Registered
nissan
2,091 Posts
Well done Patrol Dude, needs to be more of this, aas much as it can seem like a waisted effort:(

When I first came to Perth it was really a clean place you could drive most places and see very little rubbish or graffiti if any, now it's quite the opposite nearly everywhere there's crap that's been thown out a car window. We use to get advitising and education on littering obviously cheaper to do nothing now.

Last time I read about an attempt to organise a clean up on Perth tracks too many goodie two shoes got involved and before it got started it was canned due to legal, and liability issues, go figure???

No need to leave your rubbish always take more home than I went with, but we have afew on here that drop crapp at there arse when out
The one I organised started to go that way, first Perth4x4 administration got involved, then the Shire, then talk about liability, we pulled it off but the next one someone tried to organise didn't happen.

I'm gonna have a bit of a get together at my place soon Greg, for all me wheeling mates, and I tell ya, there better not be any littering or disrespecting going on or I'll have me boy Ted sort them out haha.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
2,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Guys this is excellent feed back. One of the hats that I wear as part of the 4X4 club is insurance officer - when ever we run a clean up day I apply for a working permit through 4WD QLD, they send it off to the insurance company and I get cover for our club members to attend. In regards to the general public we do not want to bog them down with bull**** paper work, so as part of getting the word out there we simply state that all care is taken in the organising of the day but no responsibility taken. We have organised around 20 clean ups and tree planting days in the last 10 years with no negative re cause to date.

·
Registered
nissan
1,671 Posts
Well done Patrol dude!

Worst one I've ever seen was at an Autofest (car show). During the burnout competition a group of girl scouts were picking up all the rubbish left on the ground between the stands and the track. Bunch of yobbos on the top stand started throwing empty beer cans at the girls yelling at them to pick up their rubbish. The poor girls (about 12 years old) looked ready to cry as the cans bounced off them. I saw RED!!!!!

Jumped off the stands, picked up the cans and absolutely launched them back at the people who threw them telling them to come down and put them in the bin themselves or I'd make them do it. Was not a very polite person just during that situation I can tell you.

·
Weekend Warrior
Nissan patrol
10,348 Posts
This whole subject drives me completely mental.

If your a bit of a povvo c*nt and you cant afford tip fees, just ring the council for help (seriously), dont dump your sh*t in the vacant block opposite my house.

·
Registered
9,524 Posts
I used to do the Clean Up Australia Day every year with our SCUBA dive club and it was absolutely amazing the amount of crap people also dump in the sea.

Few years ago I took a bunch of teenagers to help on a Perth4x4 and WA 4WD association group clean-up on the Power-lines tack. I think it is great that 4x4 groups can get off their asses and show they care about the places that we all want to keep open. We have to also be more active in discouraging the assholes who just dump their **** in the bush like it is a friggin rubbish tip.

·
Glasshouse Bogan #1
nissan patrol gu
9,423 Posts
Every trip i do my kids take a pile of rubbish home with them.
Latest glasshouse trip.

·
bit cold out it seems
nissan
9,258 Posts
it is a shame that for the positive actions of 100 of you, it only takes 1 imbecile to ruin it.

like the idiot in a certain red GU who lives in caboolture who parked ontop of heritage listed ruins on Bribie island for a "flex" shot.

yes, on this forum.

·
Rust is just natural weight reduction.
1986 SD33T SWB
10,999 Posts
Well done Patrol dude!

Worst one I've ever seen was at an Autofest (car show). During the burnout competition a group of girl scouts were picking up all the rubbish left on the ground between the stands and the track. Bunch of yobbos on the top stand started throwing empty beer cans at the girls yelling at them to pick up their rubbish. The poor girls (about 12 years old) looked ready to cry as the cans bounced off them. I saw RED!!!!!

Jumped off the stands, picked up the cans and absolutely launched them back at the people who threw them telling them to come down and put them in the bin themselves or I'd make them do it. Was not a very polite person just during that situation I can tell you.
Picking on 12 year old girls.... Wow, how tough.

Whatta bunch of arse wipes.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
2,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Great work Chopped GU, if everybody did took a bit extra rubbish out their would be a lot more parts of OZ opened up for us to use. More examples guys!!!

·
Registered
nissan patrol
2,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Guys, this has just been released by 4WD Qld. If you have the time I'm sure it will be a great day.
Another fantastic free camping and cleaning weekend which 4WD QLD and members have been invited to, is the Double Island Clean Up Weekend being coordinated by Surfrider Foundation Australia (Sunshine Coast Branch).

If you’re after a seaside escape over the weekend of 9-10 May, register your camping numbers and vehicle rego through [email protected] and they’ll organise for free camping and vehicle permits with QPWS; an excellent opportunity if you can’t make Fraser Island Clean Up, even excellenter if you can!

Please pass this information to all club members and get your registrations in before 6 May.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts