Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have a 99’ Gu patrol and was looking at 4x4 Force Brush Bars and Heavy Duty Side steps, does anyone have these or can comment on the brand as they are pretty cheap and don’t want bad quality

cheers

·
Registered
982 Posts
Look like they are a Chinese import being on eBay and cheap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
looks like a typical eBay China special. Kind of thing you’ll end up replacing after a year

Definitely the kind of item id spend the extra on having made up locally.
Do you recommend full custom or pre built?

·
Registered
982 Posts
They don't look bad all, although quality can be an issue.
They look like a good design. It’s that poor quality steel potential.
As you hear of fully imported from honkers bar work from the likes of MCC etc have been questionable quality.

·
Registered
Nissan MK,GQ & now GU.
1,701 Posts
Hi,

I have a 99’ Gu patrol and was looking at 4x4 Force Brush Bars and Heavy Duty Side steps, does anyone have these or can comment on the brand as they are pretty cheap and don’t want bad quality

cheers View attachment 520937
These are all made in Australia. I have a set no issues.

·
Registered
982 Posts
These are all made in Australia. I have a set no issues.

Thought you were suggesting 4X4 Force au was Australian made stuff. Just went looking at there website.
I may be wrong. Website says Australian designed. I doubt it has had much designed here let alone built.

Your link. Looks very much aust made.

·
Registered
Nissan MK,GQ & now GU.
1,701 Posts
Thought you were suggesting 4X4 Force au was Australian made stuff. Just went looking at there website.
I may be wrong. Website says Australian designed. I doubt it has had much designed here let alone built.

Your link. Looks very much aust made.

Yes the Southern Cross Fabworks is what I was referring to. The others look like chyna junk.

·
Registered
09 ZD30 CRD Wagon
369 Posts
SCF have a great reputation. So do “advanced headers” in SA who sell via the eBay account ausbitz at a good price. The sidetracked GU runs them and those boys definitely put them through their paces. I really like the “reverse” slider look that they do which covers more of the flare than traditional. Their quote for freight to Sydney was only $60 iirc.

Bearded Forge on Facebook do the same style and have a good rep also.

All Australian made and not much more exy than the ones made from soft chinesium.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts