Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
fitted a 5 in kit on the weekend from stock hight :D quite pleased with me-self actually.....
217317_10150161764474654_609039653_6500665_7215644_n.jpg

·
Registered
nissan patrol gq
685 Posts
did you have to swap the driveshaft around ?

·
Registered
nissan patrol gq
685 Posts
more pics!!!!! :D

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
did you have to swap the driveshaft around ?
na but someone had already done it....have no idea why..... and it got 33 x 12.5's and the scrub a bit on full flex in the back.... but 35's will be going on after tax time :D

·
Registered
nissan
94 Posts
thats flexing awesomely, got any more details, what springs, shocks, dropboxes? ect...

·
Registered
nissan patrol gq
685 Posts
have you got any pics of it sitting on flat ground

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yea dropboxes, Dobinson springs and boss shocks, and will post a flat pic when I get home on the laptop

·
Registered
nissan patrol gq
685 Posts
thanks mate, just that i am slowly purchasing 5'' lift and wandering how they sit, and you have 33's dont you
cheers
Blake

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
only pic i got sitting flat.....before anyone says anything...it sits level....its just parked on a incline..... so ner
IMG_0520.jpg

·
Registered
nissan patrol gq
685 Posts
looks nice, thanks

·
Registered
Nissan Patrol GQ GU
1,299 Posts
Looks good chicken,

Did you extend the rear bump stops mate? Beware it is very easy to destroy your shocks very very quickly if you have not.

Also, a heads up on the BOSS Shocks. i fitted them to my GQ with a 5" lift and they lasted 1500kms and were rooted. Beware the settings and note that even on the centre setting there is very little compression dampening and HEAPS of rebound dampening. I had wheels off the ground all over the place as the shocks would rebound very slowly and made it very unstable.

Unfortunately for me i bought my kit during a build up and my warranty well and truly ran out while they were still in the box. If you have just got this kit give it a hard time and if you dont like them or they shyt themselves get em off as quick as you can and claim your warranty for a refund or an alternative.

Check out the pic below of what i took off after 1500kms

Also note that if you have gone a 5" lift there is a very good chance that you shock will hit your rear spring at full flex which is a bit of a problem and one of the reasons for fitting adjustable upper control arms to remove some of the bend in the rear springs after the big lift.

A bigger problem in my opinion though is the potential for the rear shock to hit the bump stop rebound plate on teh top of the rear diff. If this hits it will WRECK you Shocks in 10 seconds.

Check out the pics below for you to have a good look at yours to see if this bit will be a problem.....Heads Up!

You need to cut this bit off

When you go the cut watch out for the brake lines under it

Hope this helps you a little, i did not get this heads up and it cost me a set of shocks which were stuffed anyways)

Keep a close eye on the BOSS mate.

Enjoy.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Looks good chicken,

Did you extend the rear bump stops mate? Beware it is very easy to destroy your shocks very very quickly if you have not.

Also, a heads up on the BOSS Shocks. i fitted them to my GQ with a 5" lift and they lasted 1500kms and were rooted. Beware the settings and note that even on the centre setting there is very little compression dampening and HEAPS of rebound dampening. I had wheels off the ground all over the place as the shocks would rebound very slowly and made it very unstable.

Unfortunately for me i bought my kit during a build up and my warranty well and truly ran out while they were still in the box. If you have just got this kit give it a hard time and if you dont like them or they shyt themselves get em off as quick as you can and claim your warranty for a refund or an alternative.

cheers mate....but i did a fair bit of research before i jumped into it....so everything u mentioned is already done....except instead of forking out for adjustable upper trailing arms (bout 400 bucks) for something that is only gonna be adjusted once.... i just shortened mine 11mm....(but for anyone thinking bout doing that, make sure you are very very confident with your welding skills before you even think about doing it yaself!!!!!) even tho the factory welds look like @ss.....thats no excuse for u too replace nissans [email protected] welding.... with your [email protected] welding.......so make sure u know your sh#t before u start ;)

·
4x4 Addiction
nissan
9,534 Posts
L
Also, a heads up on the BOSS Shocks. i fitted them to my GQ with a 5" lift and they lasted 1500kms and were rooted. .
My Boss shocks have the silver body, I have had them for more than a year, no issues so far. I want them to die so I can try the AmadaXtreme shocks, but they just won't!

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
My Boss shocks have the silver body, I have had them for more than a year, no issues so far. I want them to die so I can try the AmadaXtreme shocks, but they just won't!
yea mine got the silver body too, seem pretty good so far....bought mine secondhand too

1 - 16 of 16 Posts