Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
nissan patrol
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so i love to recycle, when i got the gq, the roof was covererd with x2 boards 2200x1400 each and a basket facing left to right not front to back??, either way it was like having a bloody basketball court on the roof, Upside is i think its marine ply, but gunna recycle it anyway.

So after a lot of scribbling on bits of paper, i worked out the best way to run a single back seat, which then converts into a double bed, eventually marine carpet, allum edges, brass hinges, 19"LCD DVD player Subs etc etc.

NOT finished yet, only 3 days down, but here it is so far...get some new pics up when its done sundayish...

Attachments

·
Registered
nissan patrol
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Oh yeah, the cost so far,

One sheet 2000x1500x12mm ply - $30
Misc screws, hinges, marine varnish(lotta crap in gge) - $10
Carpet, allum., etc.(lotsa stuff in my gge comes in handy) - $10

The Smile on my face when i see the price of professionally built PLAIN Boring 2 draws - PRICELESS

Sub box yet to be built for around $20, all the wiring amps and subs and speakers etc, transferring from old 'Minime' Pajero

·
LED ZEPPELIN
1995 GQ TD42 NA
12,022 Posts
That is sofa king cool... well done!

·
Registered
nissan patrol
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
All Done, Just gotta build a Sub box/Arm rest and then its time to wire it all up, inverter power bank and other stuff for the rear...
End up with enough head room with a mattress to just sit up cross legged, oh i miss my old high top Pajero...
Oh yeah turned out to be more like $100 Rear Draws, still a bargain...

Attachments

·
Registered
nissan gq swb
483 Posts
Great job:cheers: Best I have seen for the bucks. If you are handy with the tools, you can save a lot of coin.

·
Registered
nissan patrol gq
1,685 Posts
Are you a cabinet maker, or just pedantic with your wood work? Looks awesome, can only guess what it would cost to have someone make those up for ya. Love the idea of the false floor too.

·
Registered
nissan
11 Posts
mate i had just a shot at this a week ago and you just blew me away so im starting over! what are you planing on doing with the third seat when going for the bed option?

awesome work mate!

·
Registered
nissan patrol
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ok, so now the total cost is about $150, free fridge from a mate tops it off,
Just gotta paint a couple of bits Black and maybe a little more trim, but otherwise its ready for sleepin, 19"LCD+DVD yet to mount somewhere in the back...

Attachments

·
Registered
nissan patrol
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Oh yeah, 6 nights total time to build...why am i a gardener, anyone want some custom draws made/installed????

See ya's out there...

·
Registered
nissan patrol gq
685 Posts
very nice

·
Registered
nissan
41 Posts
Awesome, well done!

I really like your effective use of space and how you have drawers, doors and... ...a trapdoor!!

:)

·
Registered
Nissan
795 Posts
that is one of the better diy builds i have seen to date....awesome use of space and no doubt alot of dudes outhere are now scrambling for their pencils and copying...goood job

·
Registered
nissan
29 Posts
Ok, so now the total cost is about $150, free fridge from a mate tops it off,
Just gotta paint a couple of bits Black and maybe a little more trim, but otherwise its ready for sleepin, 19"LCD+DVD yet to mount somewhere in the back...
Great work, I like the classic interior camper style so you can sleep inside. I'd pay you to help build a set for my GU!

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
Very impressive!

How did you secure the structure to the floor where the back seat has been removed?

This may save me a great deal of space for my Simpson trip!!!!!!!

·
Registered
125 Posts
Dunno if the laws are different or ive been miss informed. but once you take the back seat out dont you need a mod plate. or did you get 1?. great idea tho job looks tops

1 - 20 of 23 Posts