Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi to all,my query is,I get a clunking noise in 4wd,appears to be coming from the transfer box,as these are chain driven has there been issues with chain stretch and maybe jumping of chain on sprockets?,regards,Mike

·
Registered
Nissan patrol gq
110 Posts
I have heard of a few jumping due to chain stretch on my mates one it wAs a very loud bang / thud when the chain jumped only did it when it was under extream load climbing up big hill climbs in 4wd

·
Registered
nissan
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks,the thud came about doing some extremely soft beach sand driving,intermittant bang/clunk and then ok,dont know the previous history so may have been overloaded by the conversion 6.5na chev with manual box,regard,Mike

·
Registered
nissan patrol
3,005 Posts
If u have auto hubs, one May be cactus!!!

·
Registered
nissan
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
three people in the vehicle at the time all agreed the noise was coming from around the area under the front seat so still thinking transfer box,keep the response coming,next step go in and look I guess

·
Registered
nissan
11 Posts
Mine does the same ,pulled both axles checked them and cvs all ok was thinking the same as might be the transfer case as doing the same under load ,did speak to brunswicks about this and they said try 2.5 inch castor correction as I thought it was the diff /front tail shaft uni hitting the starter motor . But still trying to find the issues and as said only does it I under full load .

·
Registered
nissan
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
lethal,you made me smile,:D,it's a mates fourby and I think the 6.5 is well overated,cheers

1 - 8 of 8 Posts