Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has any one done this conversion on gu4 , got 3l with 60000 on it , want to sell and look at a dura mac , want to import from america , looking at 6 speed auto as well , does marks addapters do adapter plate or is there there someone else who does them , :D:D

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
been doing bit off research , dont think many people have done it , poeple have done 6.5 chevy , see what i can come up with

·
Registered
20 Posts
brunswick diesel wa

have a lool at their website. they dont do auto's. the zd30 auto gbox wont handle a 6.5 chev, however, the standard 5sp manual apparently does. a mate of mine had just bought one of their conversions and is very happy with it. i believe there's a company in canberra and brisbane area that also do new chev motor conversions

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
have a lool at their website. they dont do auto's. the zd30 auto gbox wont handle a 6.5 chev, however, the standard 5sp manual apparently does. a mate of mine had just bought one of their conversions and is very happy with it. i believe there's a company in canberra and brisbane area that also do new chev motor conversions

I reckon the zd auto would handle the 6.5 no worries, considering you only get an extra 12kw and an extra 40 nm. You could get that out of a chip and exhaust on the 3.0l easy and you don't hear of too many chipped 3 litres blowing auto's up. I know its all low down torque with the chev but I really cant see it blowing the gearbox, its only 420nm.

·
Registered
527 Posts
No the ZD auto cant handle the 6.5 for a good auto that will cope its around the &k mark i was recently told by Brunswick & a mob in the USA too..

I know the ZD produces those numbers but the delivery is alot different & when you bolt a turbo on it well the 40nm gap is much wider..... i would prefer an auto though but at 7k i dont think i need it that bad..

·
Registered
527 Posts
I agree but still a NO for the auto Brunswick Diesels will not put that auto with the 6.5 even in a NA engine as i wanted an auto because im getting lazy with age....

I dont know the intricacies as im not red hot on the mechanicals to be honest but they quoted 7k for an auto & the ZD would only be worth a a small percentage of that at a guess..

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
I agree but still a NO for the auto Brunswick Diesels will not put that auto with the 6.5 even in a NA engine as i wanted an auto because im getting lazy with age....

I dont know the intricacies as im not red hot on the mechanicals to be honest but they quoted 7k for an auto & the ZD would only be worth a a small percentage of that at a guess..

What sort of gearbox was it that they quoted you 7k for? Even a 6sp allison isnt worth that much.

·
Registered
527 Posts
I dont recall the model but im pretty sure it was an Allison..

If i remember i will find out as im sure someone on the East Coast in Brissy could do one & i could sell the manual..... i cant believe it could be that expensive myself but that was quoted..

cheers Towie

·
Registered
527 Posts
Ahhhhhh yep no arguement there but they sure are good at what they do.. however the communication from them is soooo poor its not funny........

if i can source an auto in Brissy i will after i move there in December..

·
Go Hard or Go Home
3,197 Posts
I think you will find they dont want to set up the ZD auto as its too much time & r&d. With their current set up with the allison, they have it down packed without any issues and 7K in their pocket.

·
Autos are Superior
11,701 Posts
Brunswick sure know how to charge, jeez
brunswick and linquip (from memory) have a captive audience...
As well when people talk about chev diesel conversions Brunswick is about the first name to come up

·
Registered
126 Posts
give steve at killa kustum kables a call on 0404811498 he does the wiring for a guy on the coast that does them, he gets his own adaptors made to run the alison auto, i wouldn't try to run any nissan box behind a duramax

1 - 18 of 18 Posts