1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey everyone,
im up for new suspension, currently have 45mm tough dog adjustables, 3-4" lift
going to put 6" coils in, but am stuck on what shocks to get, the tough dogs again, or Fox Shocks 2.0" Pro Series 10" Travel with Remote for the front
Fox Shocks 2.0" Pro Series 12" Travel with Remote for the rear
only doubt that i have with these fox shocks is that they have a 5/8" shaft size is it too small for a patrol or should i be looking at getting the 1/2" shaft series, only prob there is that the price is double.
ive looked at the superior eng sets, Superior Race Components 6" Shocks but 500 a shock kinda puts me off them
any other shocks that someone can suggest.

·
Registered
3,611 Posts
Have a look at the bilstein 7100s plenty of options there and good price, PM maruss he has done it to his GU and he knows a fair bit about the valving req.

·
Registered
Nissan Patrol
1,610 Posts
45mm .. TD's you will get a shock when you ask price

·
4x4 Addiction
nissan
9,534 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
11,120 Posts
for what ive seen a decent fox is 450. the src shocks are 490 and alot better shock imo. better internal design, user adjustable if not 100% happy with ride, are alot more efficent in terms of compressed vs extended length. and judging by how the src shocks are running out the door of superior they must be pretty good.
and fwiw im running them in the rear atm, only cause thats all i could afford at the time and they are the bees knees, unreal in the rough stuff especially if a little speed is involved, flex unreal and drive on road beautifully. the fronts will be getting the same very soon.
honestly go for a higher end shock if your looking to spend the money. good fox, src, kings or any of them will make your tough dogs look like puppy dogs, imo its chalk and cheese. worlds apart.
but again my pick would be the src adjustables. i know its a couple of hundred more for a set compared to a fox but well worth every cent imo.

·
Registered
nissan
11,120 Posts
the ride quality difference imo more than justifies the price. even touring round where shock fade is a killer on corrugations and rough roads the dearer remote res shocks will easily pay for themselves.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
I have a customer who has Fox remote reservoir on the front and SRC adjustable remote reservoir on the rear. He is going to get rid of the fox. He says there is a big difference between the two. On the other hand fox are WAY better then Tough Dog adjustable shocks which I recommend in that price bracket. (Kings are way better then SRC but double the price)

We have also just brought out a cheaper 6" shock. The rear measurements are 12" Tavel. 765mm to 460mm. (same travel and price as the Procomps) Twin tube 36mm bore. 18m shaft. 2.25mm steel. Teflon coated piston.

Shane

1 - 10 of 10 Posts