Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

41 - 60 of 93 Posts

Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
Some of you may remember the post that was put up years ago about support the people who support us, it is a heading in one category, we did just that for many years, us and them did quite well, over the years since we have lost many vendor supporters, I remember contacting (and if they were in SEQ, visiting) many of them years ago to discuss and to a person their response to me was they were not recouping the cost of advertising here from members. Ebay killed what we had, the search for the cheapest that could be found and having it delivered to our door won out. I know there is far more to it than that, ie, AU having among (if not) the highest basic wage in the world. The multinational I worked for moved many products offshore because they were to expensive to make here and that is just one company of many hundreds. I remember doing an efficiency improvement project at a factory in Victoria, we eventually raised efficiency into the low 90's from the low 70's, but the reluctance to change past practices made it a nightmare, I remember talking to my contact in head office one evening, asking if the employees had any idea of what the alternative was? Within 2 years of that old practised raisedvthere head again and the plant was shut down and brand new lines installed OS, good for me I got another 6 months work assisting with setup there. We really do have ourselves to blame in many cases.
Over simplified I know, but my 2 cents worth.

I Have Imaginary Friends
Patrol Hybrid.
Saw a program on tv about an unskilled worker in the Holden plant, the wage he was getting for installing the rubber door trims in the Commodore was double that I was getting as a teacher. 馃槼

Blues Won as Expected. Go the Knights
Things aren't looking good.
With every single passing day now tensions are rising... And it looks as things will come to a head very soon.
I think the next to invade our shores won't be in the form of a bloody virus, but war...
Hope I'm very much wrong, but it's not looking good..

Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
Things aren't looking good.
With every single passing day now tensions are rising... And it looks as things will come to a head very soon.
I think the next to invade our shores won't be in the form of a bloody virus, but war...
Hope I'm very much wrong, but it's not looking good..
Oh c'mon, stop being a panic merchant, the sky isn't falling, nobody wins in a war on this, everyones a loser, why be so negative?

China is financially in trouble as well, they are not going into big infrastructure projects so they are not going to require massive amounts of iron ore or coal (they have actually been stockpiling coal for a very long time), so for muscle flexing this is a good time to do it. China's navy is very strong but that is about all.

Oh c'mon, stop being a panic merchant, the sky isn't falling, nobody wins in a warwar on this, everyones a loser, why be so negative?

China is financially in trouble as well, they are not going into big infrastructure projects so they are not going to require massive amounts of iron ore or coal (they have actually been stockpiling coal for a very long time), so for muscle flexing this is a good time to do it. China's navy is very strong but that is about all.
I hope your right .

Premium Member
TD42 GQ
So let's look at this from another angle:
These trade barriers are hurting and devaluing the farms and businesses involved.
Said businesses have loans to pay off.
Our dollar is low.
Cashed-up China is buying food & mineral interests in Australia like there's no tomorrow.

...It's all about the money. Reduce the value of the businesses, buy them up, then resume business as usual, except the profits will now go overseas.

The Googlest, Apparently!
nissan patrol
So let's look at this from another angle:
These trade barriers are hurting and devaluing the farms and businesses involved.
Said businesses have loans to pay off.
Our dollar is low.
Cashed-up China is buying food & mineral interests in Australia like there's no tomorrow.

...It's all about the money. Reduce the value of the businesses, buy them up, then resume business as usual, except the profits will now go overseas.
Close, but no cigar lol. China is far from cashed up, in fact their economic situation may be the undoing of Xi.

And there is no doubt that the covid downturn has exacerbated the issue ...

We can only hope ...

China鈥檚 looming financial crisis

Registered
Triton n Lovin it.
Thought that I also heard through the week, that the second wave was cranking up? :unsure:

Foo

Premium Member
TD42 GQ
So these trade restrictions may just be a sign of their reduced demand and inability to pay? Bravado to hide weakness?

Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
So these trade restrictions may just be a sign of their reduced demand and inability to pay? Bravado to hide weakness?
China is financially in trouble as well, they are not going into big infrastructure projects so they are not going to require massive amounts of iron ore or coal (they have actually been stockpiling coal for a very long time), so for muscle flexing this is a good time to do it.

Registered
nissan
China's navy is very strong but that is about all.
China's navy may be large but their capability is still just a brown water navy. They don't have the support capability to make it a true blue water navy able to conduct prolonged exercises long distances from home so they still only have defensive capability or major offensive capability close to home. That still gives them major offensive capability in the South China Sea and East China Sea. While that puts Australia out of reach for the foreseeable future it puts a lot of our trading partners and political allies within reach. I'd say this is a particular concern because many political leaders use external military activity to bolster internal political support when things get shaky at home and I have never seen things shakier for Xi than they are looking in the near future.

Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
China's navy may be large but their capability is still just a brown water navy. They don't have the support capability to make it a true blue water navy able to conduct prolonged exercises long distances from home so they still only have defensive capability or major offensive capability close to home. That still gives them major offensive capability in the South China Sea and East China Sea. While that puts Australia out of reach for the foreseeable future it puts a lot of our trading partners and political allies within reach. I'd say this is a particular concern because many political leaders use external military activity to bolster internal political support when things get shaky at home and I have never seen things shakier for Xi than they are looking in the near future.
Their navy well and truly has enough capacity to cause concern for us, especially in the south china sea where they have intimidated many ships including US and AU navy without apparent fear. Their navy is still much stronger than their land based military, which I pointed out they would not be able to feed in an extended action.

China don't need no army to take over the world...
Stupid politicians are handing it to them by excepting China's offer to build infrastructure...
China knows the poorer countries will never be able to repay the loans so they
(china )takes ownership and takes over their country...

So no need for bombs and guns..
Just use sneaky tactics...

Edit: and this is why that Victorian premiere needs to be sacked or pulled back into line..

Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
China don't need no army to take over the world...
Stupid politicians are handing it to them by excepting China's offer to build infrastructure...
China knows the poorer countries will never be able to repay the loans so they
(china )takes ownership and takes over their country...

So no need for bombs and guns..
Just use sneaky tactics...

Edit: and this is why that Victorian premiere needs to be sacked or pulled back into line..
Did you read the Report I posted.

Anyone with an ounce of brains knew Belt and Road was a con from the start, some of our south pacific friends woke up, many in Africa didn't.

Sorry mate but to take over the US, AU, UK, EU, etc, would take bombs and guns and they don't have enough reliable manpower, as I've said much earlier they couldn't feed an OS army anyway.

PS, I'm not about to worry myself to death over it because it will be under control very soon.

Did you read the Report I posted.

Anyone with an ounce of brains knew Belt and Road was a con from the start, some of our south pacific friends woke up, many in Africa didn't.

Sorry mate but to take over the US, AU, UK, EU, etc, would take bombs and guns and they don't have enough reliable manpower, as I've said much earlier they couldn't feed an OS army anyway.

PS, I'm not about to worry myself to death over it because it will be under control very soon.
I agree they'll need bombs to take the US and UK right now but China's not interested in them just yet.
That would be suicidal and just plain stupid...instant death..

They ( china) wants to take control of the entire south east Asia region first and that includes Australia...
And to get Australia they need to buy us which their trying to do..

It's like that saying, First we'll take Manhattan then we'll take Berlin...

Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
I agree they'll need bombs to take the US and UK right now but China's not interested in them just yet.
That would be suicidal and just plain stupid...instant death..

They ( china) wants to take control of the entire south east Asia region first and that includes Australia...
And to get Australia they need to buy us which their trying to do..

It's like that saying, First we'll take Manhattan then we'll take Berlin...
Contrary to popular opinion they physically can't 'Buy' us, yes they can own assets but rules apply and as has been shown many times we will stand up for ourselves when situations arise. A few weeks ago a US legal firm was looking at suing the Chinese Govt for something like 6 trillion over the Covid 19 pandemic damage done to the US, a reporter said he couldn't see how it would have any success, the lawyer pointed out that the Chinese Govt had trillions of dollars wrapped up in US 'investments' that could possibly targeted. Not only does China benefit from 'investment' in AU/US/UK etc but also those countries benefit, the whole thing is a fine balancing act which I actually trust our Govt to do their best with. China has been trying to take control of Asia, which we are a part of, for a long time, stepping stones is what they are after and that is what Govt's need to look at. As asked, did you read that report?

Registered
Triton n Lovin it.
No country, will be able to come in and take us over, for one reason, our borders are to large to protect. ;)

Foo

Indeed a stepping stone we're in their eyes.

You mention a report.. I don't think I have...

I've been busy.

No country, will be able to come in and take us over, for one reason, our borders are to large to protect. ;)

Foo
So your stock pilling sticks and stones in your backyard like me..
Because that's all we got..

41 - 60 of 93 Posts