Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good day everyone!
What replacement suspension do you guys use in Aus for the MQ/160? I can't find any replacement/upgrade suspension parts in South Africa. Apparently they have to order it from Aus. Do any of you perhaps know of a dealer/shop/company that make a decent suspenion upgrade that could export to RSA?
I'm also looking for rear indicators.
Thanks in advance.
Sias

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Tough-dog, Dobinson, Trailmaster, Ironman and Old Man Emu offcourse all make decent suspension systems for 160's.

·
Registered
Have owned most, MQ, MK, GQ/TB, GQ/TD, GU/ZD and now finally GU TD42Ti
3,309 Posts
and these are available through a wealth of shops, TJM, ARB, Opposite Lock, online 4WD stores and eBay :) + more :)

·
Registered
164 Posts
Actually, true upgrade would be replacing leaves with coils or something like that... 8)

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
hahaha, you lead the way OB-Doggy! :) But he asked for replacement/ upgrade :loser:

·
KICKEN BACK IN THE BUSH
nissan gq
4,690 Posts
Sias,
Do a wee search regarding this topic
Its been disgusted in length regarding what works better than the other (Brand wise)
(Depending on the cars use !!!)
Then ya have the issue standard spring height,reset,lifted (different shocks required)
Theres difference between springs between petrol and diesel powered
Diesel engine heavier,hence heavier duty springs
Goin coils, well yeah thats a good idea,when ya win lotto
Leaf springs have been around 100 odd years and still in late model stuff
So cant be all that bad

·
Registered
nissan
347 Posts
As MQ MAD has said, it depends on what you are using the car for, for example i have "upgraded" my suspension recently but its hardly with the intention of driving to the shops with the kids in the back!!

you can very easily make what you have A LOT better with a bit of research and elbow grease before you go laying out $1500 for a brand new 2in lifted kit which will be stiffer than a 13yo boy watching baywatch for the first time.

how much do you want to spend?

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
its hardly with the intention of driving to the shops with the kids in the back!!
LOL, you'd need an escalator for that :D

which will be stiffer than a 13yo boy watching baywatch for the first time.
BAAAHAHAHA

·
Registered
164 Posts
you can very easily make what you have A LOT better with a bit of research and elbow grease before you go laying out $1500 for a brand new 2in lifted kit which will be stiffer than a 13yo boy watching baywatch for the first time.
:D
Yes, that's definately my story. These Dobinsons crashed the body of my old rig into pieces...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts