Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
nissan patrol
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i been thinking of putting low transfer gears into my patrol and have looked at threads on here but still unsure which way to go as most of you have auto gearbox or diesel.... so i have swb patrol 4.2carb petrol motor 5speed gearbox stock standard with 4.1 diff ratio and 35inch simex mud tryes which suck up my power i use it mainly off road and still has warrant of fitness to drive on road. it gets used for club stuff and hardcore trips.. want to know are 85% reduction just to much (for my truck as above) because when off road i have to mainly use 1st low gear or 2nd low gear with running jump at step hills and mud and if i do purchase new gears do i have to rebuild transfer box or just put gears in. thanks

·
GHMBC #3
nissan patrol gq lwb,3"lift.
3,789 Posts
85% in my tb42,4.3 gears.34 simex.have way better control in descents and alot less throttle/revs required for climbing.i use 1st to churn through clay slop and it is geared perfect.i was using 1.2.3 low range now use 1.2.3.4 low range

·
Glasshouse Bogan #2
nissan
1,137 Posts
Gasburner and I got our gears together and both decided on the 85's for his petrol and my 4.2 diesel and boy am I happy we both did, I couldn't recommend them enough if u like to have a hard play! For me 43% just wouldn't cut it but if ur really struggling to make ur mind up maybe jump on the 63% band wagon

1 - 9 of 9 Posts