Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys, this is my ute.
gave it a full respray, new drivers side sill, bit of bog, new hood lining (sexy)
rebuilt front diff with arb air locker,
2 inch efs lift,
extended brake lines for 4 inch lift to come,
33 wrangler dura tracs on 15x8 crusier rims (big offset),
cd, uhf, boost and pyro gauges for the gu turbo and water to air i'cooler running 15psi boost, shortened alloy tray, volt meter, gu airbox, aftermarket steering wheel,
rear coil tower braces, awesome custom mudflaps

Yet to come is the 4 inch lift or some rr foxys, canopy/new tray, chrome grill sitting in the shed, xrox or xrox style tube bar/arb bar (whatever comes up first),

Let me know what you think.
I upgraded from a coil sprung sierra so this thing feels like a limo with power!

This is the link to the photos of the rebuild- Welcome to Facebook - Log In, Sign Up or Learn More/album.php?aid=290739&id=842313376&l=c9c6a44913

Attachments

·
Registered
nissan patrol
305 Posts
Nice, it will be a tuff truck when you finish.

·
Registered
nissan
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks heaps for the comment mick. Yeh i was/am undecided about what i want to do with it. i know i need to build a canopy for it, would like it 4 inch but then it attracts more attention. definately needs a new front bar and maybe deserves a new turbo and fuel pump aswell.

Got my chrome grill on yesterday thanks to snail pace, required a fair amount of cutting to slot over the intercooler but it looks good i think. nissan decided to change the plugs on the indicators so im yet to wire them up.

heres some pics from bribie today!

Attachments

·
TD42 The God Of All Engines
nissan
429 Posts
nice rig definetly hit matt up about a front bar but shane (snail pace) gets most his bar work through himand will be there most of this week givin us a hand

·
Registered
nissan
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Bit of an update, started making a front tube bar out of 75x50x3 box, 2 inch and 1 and 3/4 3.2mm tube and 3mm plate. Matt blacked my old front grill and chassis and once the bar is done that too. Want to set the car up with decent suspension shortly which will include bilstein remote resoivoirs and 2 inch flexy coils i think.

·
Registered
nissan
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I still have that one in the shed if ur after one around brissy. but i bought mine off ebay.

·
Registered
nissan
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Got the high output arb air comp hooked up under the drivers seat, which now means the front air locker is working. Havent got to test it properly yet but im sure ill be happy.

Ordered my 2.5 inch flexy coils from suspenstion stuff with a set of 4 monotube shocks. Once i get them in i can work out bumpstops, i am leaning towards hydraulic bumps in the front and just move the 80's to the back.

I am moving house so once we are in the new place ill start my tray build, 2000mm x 2000mm out of steel and timber floors. Set up a water tank under there and find somewhere to mount my engel my beautiful gf got me for my birthday.

After that i have some actual maintenance to do, clutch, bushes and panhard rods.

Gotta love the Coil cabs.

·
Registered
750 Posts
kickass present you got there mate... how do you find the front mount cooler??

·
Registered
nissan
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
kickass present you got there mate... how do you find the front mount cooler??
Cheers russ, yeh the present will definately come in handy for camping. Its got a water to air intercooler, the front radiator is off a peugot...its only thing but seems to do the trick at 14psi boost.

Dont tell the missus but i have lay by'd some 3 inch coils, new series amada shocks, a modified safari tuff clutch, a new intake manifold and some castor correction bushes.

Next will be an internal roll cage so i can have a bit of fun at coopers rally, then a bigger turbo and more efficient water to air intercooler and then and then and then.....who knows.

·
Registered
nissan
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Got some drop boxes instead of castor bushes. Swapped a chrome grill for them. Winning.

Went for a run at glass house today with a jeep, and all i can say is front lockers are cheating!!!

From starting 4x4 in a swb suzuki sierra with open diffs you need to pick your lines. In the troll with front locker in any line is a winner. Got some videos but they are too big to put up i think.

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts