Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
nissan patrol gq
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys just bout a 91 GQ SWB T4.2 its been converted to gas and has a 120l gas tank and a 40l fuel tank what are they like can i run it on gas all the time with the odd occasion of petrol and it was all done proffesionally???

also it has the quarter glass windows what model are they? Ti,ST,DX?

also any other info on them would be good thanks

·
KICKEN BACK IN THE BUSH
nissan gq
4,691 Posts
Lacking a bitta info there,
So ill ask a few Qs

How long ago did you buy it ???
It would have had a certified gas certificate when the car was sold
(The full gas system has to be checked and passed)

As for being done proffesionally ,
The gas certificate should have the intallers info,or the LPG system inspection place info
Ring them and ask them

I dont know of any gas inspection mobs that will pass a dodgy gas installation

Not upto date on LPG,i steer well clear of it

·
Registered
731 Posts
It's a good practice to start your car with petrol and switch over to gas after the engine has got a bit of heat in it. The converter changes the liquid LPG to a gas by warming it using the hot water in your coolant circuit. There are also lubricating properties in petrol that are good for the top end (sorry, can't remember the science this early in the morning). You should also run a tank of petrol through it every now and then.

You have a TI if you have plastic wood trim on the doors and around the gearstick. The TI also has a chrome trim around the roof gutter.

ST has electric windows and plain plastic trim.

DX has manual window winders (I think, but I'll stand corrected)

That's how I tell them apart :)

·
Registered
nissan
241 Posts
Electric windows we're an option on STs (atleast in long wheel bases) if you have carpet its an ST, vinyl floor is DX.

In regards to the gas, it really depends on how the setup was done. I'm by no means an expert but normally if there is a gas primer switch then you're right to run gas at all times if not then you should probably be starting on petrol. They're alot easier to start on petrol and I just flick it on to petrol and run it till its warm then switch back over to gas when I'm on a decent down hill stretch on the highway or at a set of lights (the TB42s take awhile to switch over properly so they run really rough when you swap from gas to petrol)

I didn't think any GQs came factory with quater windows, I think someone has put MQ doors on it. But I could be wrong.

·
KICKEN BACK IN THE BUSH
nissan gq
4,691 Posts
1/4 windows in front doors
Theyll be MQ/MK doors
(People have disputed this wrong,but GQ from factory should have no 1/4 front windows)

Have a look where the wiring goes in the doors (front inside edge)
Round hole MQ/MK
Elongated hole GQ

But i have doors with this hole elongated with 1/4 windows ???
So who knows

Chuck a coupla pics up,some can pick which model it is from what are in pics

1 - 5 of 5 Posts