Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
seems engine is caputt.
ppl have been telling me for weeks there is a funny noise
i just ignored them, and at 120kph balancer fell off engine got very hot.
lots of noises.so options

What would be the best option new engine?
RB25?
5.7l?
or any others.
keeping in mind cost.
If its going to cost 5g to rebuild mine then thats the budget to do others too.
I lik ethe rb25 option as there is heaps of aftermarket stuff for them.
cheers

·
Quickest Tyre Deflator On The Market
nissan
3,026 Posts
Mate, unless ya cooked it, I'd be getting the crank seen to and go through the motor like a dose of salts and drop her back in!! but that's me.:D

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well i had to drive it a further 2kms to get it off the road safely and i can tell you it got hot and by the time i stopped it its was making loud banging noises, in the cooling system

·
Registered
Nissan
1,671 Posts
well i had to drive it a further 2kms to get it off the road safely and i can tell you it got hot and by the time i stopped it its was making loud banging noises, in the cooling system
How are you going with this? Is the engine ok? Bloody balancers

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok engine is fixed no damage to crank at all so new timing kit and balancer, But now i seem to have a miss in the engine at speed and under load, i sit about 95kph put my foot down the boost gauge shoots up to 15psi and the car seems to miss??????

any thoughts?

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
oh and my oil catch can seems to be full? and is overflowing?

·
Registered
Nissan
1,671 Posts
Is there any unusal noises in the motor that were not there before? I'm thinking a head issue. As for the boost, check the wastegate is opening. remove the acuator rod and move the shaft left to right and free it up.
cheers
Troy

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well it broke the balancer and there for pulled the key into the balancer, and fell off, mech looked at crank and siad looks good got new balancer and key, put it all in and running fine just a slight miss type shudder in the car at diff speeds and diff boost mainly around 10psi, i can get it to do it,

Noisr befor the balancer fell off was a knocking type noise due to the fact that the thing was ready to fall off, so the bolt was undone and only just hanging on, engine light remained on after re-fit too. so got codes cleared as it came up with MAF because i had it dosconnected?
Could it be the MAF now?

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
it seems to boost really quick now too. it has always run 15psi since ive owned it. has butteyfy removed and egr blocked(previous owner), i also have 2 holes on the actuator rod it this normal?

·
Registered
GU Patrol Wagon Series 1
774 Posts
hey troy where is the acuator? is it on the turbo or further up in the engine bay?

sorry for the dumbass question, i know nothing about turbos

cheers

phil

·
Registered
Nissan
1,671 Posts
If you look straight underneath the intake manifold, there will be a little can type unit with a shaft coming out of it running to the wastgate shaft. Another way of finding is to follow the hose that comes off the back of your intercooler. It runs to the acuator.
Cheers
Troy

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
must be aftermarket! ive put it back on the first hole and runninng 9psi, should the actuator be hard to move? as the waste gate is free and loose, but its still playing up, seems more under load trying to accell from 2000rpm up.

·
Registered
Nissan
1,671 Posts
Running 15psi is fine, I'm looking at uping mine to that. Do you have Maf connected now. I have heard they will run fine up 2000rpm when disconnected and after that there crap. If you have, I would recheck for codes.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
maf is connected. only removed it to get radiator out and put it all back together, i just dont get the miss/hessitation, as it seems very intermittant, and at dif speeds and diff boost levels????
if there was a decent diesal mech on the coast that knew patrols id take it there but the last guy charged me 480 and told me he had to advance the pump??? and it drove the same as when i took it in for a cold start problem which it still has at times.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
oh and to boot now my uhf wont transmit receives fine ?WTF

·
Registered
Nissan
1,671 Posts
mate,
I think you need a bundy or two. if you were down the road I would give you one.
Has it been put back together properly, eg Timing / Crank angle sensor and plate.
Get it compression tested.
these all can have that effect although I'm not sure about the excess oil.
Cheers
troy

1 - 20 of 25 Posts