Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
nissan patrol
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I am hoping someone can help me out. I have a 99 GU 2.8 turbo diesel with 258xxx kms on it. I recently had a radiator pressure test and found out the welch plugs needed replacing. Got the welch plugs and the manifold gasket replaced thinking it would solve my overheating issue. Today I took it around the block a couple of times to warm her up (revving to about 2500rpm) and the temp gauge went all the way to HOT! It is now also blowing white smoke from the exhaust where as before it was black smoke (prob a bit too much also). Any help help would be muchly appreciated.

I've only had the car about a month and its really annoying me!

Cheers

·
Registered
nissan patrol
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The car didn't come with warranty but I did tell them that I'd be bringing it back if it was something serious. Which is why I posted in here. I did a whole day of pretty full on off-roading 2 days ago without a hiccup. Temp gauge didn't go above halfway. It's weird

·
Registered
nissan patrol 2.8ltd
47 Posts
X2 mate i had white smoke on start up and bubbles in overflow bottle at 250km
turned out the head was cracked shes unstopable now.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
hey guys, ran the CarGo metallic seal up through and it works a treat. flushed all the coolant, ran the seal up through, flushed the seal up out, filled with water, drove return trip to sydney from central coast, temp gauge didn't move once! was driving at 110-120 on the freeway. I'm thinking it's the head gasket that's the problem because the car isn't missing a beat (beside the over heating). My mechanic also stated that it was running too good to be a cracked head. I'll see what happens when I've got the money to fix it.

Thanks for all your input and I will post back later with results.

Cheers

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.