Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, so my GU came with the auto lock hubs and so far I'm less than impressed with them.
They take an extended period of time to lock and are constantly releasing and always when I'm demanding a bit from the car (leaving me stuck in **** spots with rear wheel only.
Has anybody else had these issues???
I'm thinking I'll just change them out given how cheap they are, I've heard good things about the AVM Hubs, what are the other brands to consider and what is everybody else running.

Cheers Gordon

·
Registered
Nissan
7,113 Posts
You can manually lock them in off road and you can convert them to manual. Much stronger than avm hubs. Or grab some genuine nissan manual hubs. Some say the auto hubs are stronger because theh engage on more of the spline.... up to you

·
nissan
6,273 Posts

·
LED ZEPPELIN
1995 GQ TD42 NA
12,022 Posts
AVMs might be ok on other 4wds but a Patrol will kill them pretty quickly if you're into the serious wheeling.

The genuine Nissan hubs are a lot stronger, but still not so strong that they'll let a CV go before the hub goes i.e. they remain the 'fusible link' in the drivetrain, as they should be.

·
Registered
nissan
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Should have mentioned I'm having dramas in manual and auto.
Really only had a play around for a few minuets but was getting bogged on the flat in low 4.
Klappers do you live anywhere near horse beach bud Kwinana?

·
Registered
nissan
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ah cool man are you about on Sunday if you got time I'll show you what it's doing down there. It's either hubs or the 4wd shift linkages. Need to have a better look at it.

·
Registered
nissan
321 Posts
Just convert them to genuine manual hubs. I got a decent set of second hand ones for $160.

·
Registered
nissan
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Rodger yep no worries sound good be in touch etc etc
Lol copy that, figured as much just never heard Romeo before. Cheers dude.
I'll pm ya shortly.

Cheers patrolla that will be the go I think if it is hubs!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts