Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know,,,I know,,,,hard to believe.

A little bird told me people with a GU with alloy wheels (yes the ones that depart the vehicle when you don't tension or check them correctly) may get a letter from Mr. Nissan sometime soon with an opportunity to get free wheel nut indicators.
Don't go rushing into your dealer yet. It might be a few weeks before the letters go out.

·
Registered
nissan
1,482 Posts
Letters to original owners only I assume? What's our best course of action do you recommend Gaz?

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Letters to original owners only I assume? What's our best course of action do you recommend Gaz?
If details are current then no drama of course. Not sure if they will search the likes of Vicroads as it looks like covering all GU's with alloys. Wait until it starts to happen (I will post up here) and then you can probably just ring your local dealer and say my mate got a letter and I didn't. I will check that out and let everyone know.

·
Anger management pi$$es me off
nissan
7,539 Posts
lol nothing better than a bit of bright yellow bling to set off a set of wheels

·
Registered
nissan patrol
25 Posts
bit late **** mr nissan and his wheel nut indicators doesnt stop the goons at nissan not torqing nuts up and wheels falling off 500ks after a service causing 15k damage

·
Autos are Superior
11,701 Posts
chuckles said:
depends if you have changed the details at the dealership that it was bought new from
I think they must go thru Vicroads/RTA etc.
I got the EGR Recall paperwork for my GU and had nothing to do with any nissan dealers anywhere.

Hmmmm yellow nut markers on black rims *drool*

·
Registered
nissan
1,482 Posts
Sure, why not? Let Mr Nissan play with my nuts. He's been reaming my ass ever since I bought a Patrol. ;)

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
lol nothing better than a bit of bright yellow bling to set off a set of wheels

Nooooo.
I actually might have seen the ones they are going to use today. ;)
I might even have a set on the desk here to check out. ;)
They are black plastic with a chrome nissan badge sort if thing on the end. :p
I think they look ok. What does worry me is AFAIK they will only fit three per wheel. I guess that will solve the problem BUT not sure I would want three nuts looking like one thing and the other three not looking the same. That might be just me though. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
bit late **** mr nissan and his wheel nut indicators doesnt stop the goons at nissan not torqing nuts up and wheels falling off 500ks after a service causing 15k damage
Thats when you go back to the dealership with your bill. Unless they told you to recheck them I would reckon they have to come to the party.

·
Registered
nissan 3.0
116 Posts
Got a letter today form Nissan asking me to come in ASAP to check the wheel nuts and get the indicator wheel nuts fitted, 3 per wheel, none for the spare. I will post some pictures on Monday when I get them fitted.
Cheers,

·
Registered
nissan
103 Posts
They are just little silver caps that go on the nuts with Nissan written along them toward the hub ( I assume so you can see if they turn) had them fitted on Monday during service still haven't recieved a letter fro HO about it though.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Nuts

Got my letter yesterday. Great to se they are doing something about it. Had a tyre fitter ask me if I'd lost any wheels recently.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts