Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys

Just wanted to introduce myself. Have been a hard core jeep owner for the last 5 years and having written off the jeep on a 4wd trip , thought Ill give the Patrol a go. As soon as the insurance pay off came in , I picked up a 99 Ti GU tb45 , pretty much stock with 220000 ks on the clock. It is my first patrol and a very different ride to the much lighter Jeeps.

Have done the usual stuff - oil and filter, air filter, coolant , spark plugs . Planning to do a 2 inch lift, snorkel, bullbar ( the factory one is too pretty and has a very bad approach angle), rock sliders, front auto locker and 35 inch muddies on 15 X 8 rims. Hopefully that will do.

The Jeep community has a very strong online presence with heaps of info and very knowledgeable and helpful people and I hope the same holds true with the Patrol forum too. Look forward to my patrolling days till this beast holds up.

Cheers

Shai

·
Master Coalroller
nissan
3,230 Posts
Hi Shai, you've come to the right place.

Make this search function your friend and you'll find endless info for your patrol build.

Cheers.

Attachments

·
Registered
nissan
2,015 Posts
Welcome, good to see yet another West Aussie on the forum. There is a heap of great info on this forum from some very talented blokes.

·
Registered
nissan
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cheers Jamie.. your ride looks sweet. Maybe Ill see your ride out on the trail somewhere

·
Registered
nissan
4,831 Posts
Welcome, so a Jeep wright off no fire extinguisher eh?
Sorry just the level of humor on here, some good knowledge to be shared and found

·
Registered
nissan
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
madk1w1 , nah mate drove it into a mud hole and the water covered up the steering..didnt have a snorkel.. still the jeep started after a little TLC and drove me home. I am not pro or anti any label but I wheel pretty hard and the Jeep kept up for 4 long years. I just figured its time to try something else. One thing I must say though , the suspension on these things is like a bloody tank.. no mods needed on that front. Lets see how we do with my planned mods and then I shall be able to do an honest comparison once Ive put my pretty ride through its paces.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts