Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

I am currently getting bits and pieces ready to fit a water to air intercooler to the TD42. I intend to put the heat exchanger in front of the AC condenser and install 12v fans in behind the grille. There isn't a lot of space and I was wondering what size heat exchanger people are using and if I could get a radiator out of something at the wreckers.

Any ideas?

Thankx

·
Part of the furniture
nissan
4,563 Posts
seriously,

dont muck around, getting and putting together a bits and peice's W2A cooler,
buy a kit from frozenboost in the US. for like $500 deleived.

how can you go wrong for that. comes complete.
bolt it on, plum it up, fill it with water and away you go!

·
Registered
nissan patrol
237 Posts
keep in mind that with the frozen boost stuff you generally get what you pay for. Value for money but sometimes quality is pretty piss poor. They sell a range on radiator sizes from around $150usd but then they'll hit you at least 70-80 buck in freight.

If you aren't buying one of their intercoolers, don't bother getting a radiator. Just go down to a wreckers. Measure the space you have in front of your radiator then grab a radiator from a small hatch back like a barina or honda civic (make sure you grab the hoses if they're there). Because you're using a normal size radiator plumbing, buy an EWP80 from autobarn or stupid cheap. That takes care of heat exchanger and pump for under $200. Then go see a hose joint and get a fitting to put in the radiator hose that reduces it sufficiently to plumb heater hose to and from the cooler itself.

what sort of w2a intercooler are you using btw?

·
Registered
nissan
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I wil probably go with a Advanced (HB) Intercoolers Laminova I have just about finished making a new air box behind the passanger headlight and would like to fit a radiator for the cooler up front and still retain the AC. Unfortutately the local wreckers won't let past the front desk & you wander around the yards with a tape measure, so if anybody has fitted a radiator with fans and retained the AC could you please let me know which radiator fits.

Cheers

·
Registered
nissan
11,155 Posts
I think Marin used a ford Telstar radiator with alloy tanks make for the ends with a slight amount of trimming he is also using twin spal slim fans with the grill still in place.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts