Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

Is this repair acceptible?

• NO! - Take it back and give 'em what for!

Votes: 29 82.9%
  • Yes - Stop whinging!

Votes: 6 17.1%
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Enemy of Reality
nissan 09 gu patrol
11,848 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is this acceptible?

I just got my troll back from having the rear bumper repaired. In previous experiences i have noted that the texture is never replicated (textured bumpers end up glossy) and clear coat problems result in peeling / flaking down the track.

So have a look at the photos attached and tell me what you think...

Note the diffuse reflections in the flare photos and the crisp ones in the bumper. Also damage / flaws in the paint work along with remaining damage to the tailgate and bad masking / buffing along rear step... oh and the big run in the clear!

Attachments

·
Registered
Nissan patrol
1,610 Posts
acceptable* - buts that's not the point

Its a little hard to tell from the pics but if your not happy with the job take it back as it is something that will always be on your mind.

·
bit cold out it seems
nissan
9,258 Posts
take it back and explain the situation. it could be a genuine oversight (they are usually quite rushed leading into Xmas)

It is possible they have used a second hand bumper (or your original, just repaired) and painted over it giving that reflective finish.

If the panel shop gives you no joy then just call your insurance company.

·
Enemy of Reality
nissan 09 gu patrol
11,848 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
take it back and explain the situation. it could be a genuine oversight (they are usually quite rushed leading into Xmas)

It is possible they have used a second hand bumper (or your original, just repaired) and painted over it giving that reflective finish.

If the panel shop gives you no joy then just call your insurance company.

I expressed my concern with both the repairer and my insurer prior to the repairs being done... They have reparied my bumper. I am going to call the assessor tomorrow. IMO it's not good enough as everything i said i didn't want to happen, did :(.

That said, the customer service at the repair shop was good.

·
KICKEN BACK IN THE BUSH
nissan gq
4,690 Posts
If ya not happy Mic,
Then yep go ring someones neck
Being rushed for Xmas time,fooeeey
Wheres there quality control ???

·
Allergic to IFS
nissan
1,005 Posts
Mate. when working at the smash repairers we had people coming back for far less than this.They WILL fix it for you as they do not want any beef with the insurance company that would jeopardise their recommended repairer status. unfortunately the bumper texture is not fixable but any paint imperfections can be. Be firm and insistent but not rude.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts