Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Forgive my ignorance but just wanted to have some confirmation about my 12v setup.
I have an accessory panel on my draws in the GU wagon with an Anderson plug and cog sockets. This is wired straight from the duel battery with 6mm cable.

I am wanting to add an external Anderson plug by the tow ball so that I can plug my 250w kings solar panel kit into when at camp.

Question is can I just grab power for this at my accessory panel or do I need to run individual cables for it to the battery?
Wasn鈥檛 sure if because this plug is for solar if it makes a difference.

Cheers for any info 馃憤馃徏馃憤馃徏

Registered
GU8 CRD
Just use what you got. Make sure you keep the solar regulator/charger and fuse that is included in the kit in circuit though otherwise you risk frying your battery and maybe other stuff if it were to overcharge them as the unregulated voltage from the solar panel will be > 18VDC.

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
Just use what you got. Make sure you keep the solar regulator/charger and fuse that is included in the kit in circuit though otherwise you risk frying your battery and maybe other stuff if it were to overcharge them as the unregulated voltage from the solar panel will be > 18VDC.
Yeah sweet as thanks mate. The kit has the regulator etc so I didn鈥檛 think it would be an issue. I just hadn鈥檛 added solar before so wanted to check having it wired up with other accessories (opposed to straight to battery) would affect the charge process. 馃憤馃徏

Registered
I鈥檝e got the same setup. I鈥檝e also put an Anderson plug at the front in the grill to give me external power access at the front as well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts