Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
nissan patrol
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Were heading over to Adelaide in January and was wanting to know which caravan park would you recommend staying at?
Were more than likely gonna stay in a cabin aswell.
Any feedback would be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
nissan
7,033 Posts
Stayed at Belair in January a couple of times and was happy with the place. It's up in the hills a bit and a little cooler than most of Adelaide. Very leafy too, nestled between the national park & golf club.

The last time was quite a few years ago so things could have changed.

Belair National Park Caravan Park

Cheers,

·
Registered
nissan patrol
181 Posts
I live in metro Adelaide so I don't really stay in our Caravan parks but I hear the one at West Beach is pretty good. Sorry, can't remember the exact name but might be Adelaide Shores or something like that. It has lots of big Cabins too. Right on the beach and next door to Glenelg. Its very popular so if it sounds like your thing book early. If you do end up staying there or anywhere else close by, check out a restaurant called Kefi-good Greek food and I promise you will not be stopping for Macca's on the way home!

Enjoy Adelaide's 40+summer days:cool:

Cheers
RD

·
I'm not really a Newbie
nissan
3,909 Posts
Yeah adelaide shores is nice. Depends if you want to stay around the city or a certain area?

·
just a good guy.
2009 gu ute
9,513 Posts
belair has had a few manager changes in last 4 yrs. west beach is good but very busy. for close to the city try Adelaide caravan pk at hackney. big 4 at marion is good too. I used to deliver to lots of these. so if want any other ideas just ask.

·
Currently in PAD rehab
18,407 Posts
We have one at woodcroft but dunno what its like.
Seems to be a few "long term residents" there..

Depends how far from Adelaide you want to be and which side.

There is also campsites in gawler tanunda and Williamstown to the north and plenty down south too.

Didn't that Westlakes one get reposessed and all the people chucked out?

·
Registered
405 Posts
Kingston Caravan Park. 5 minute walk to the Seacliff Pub and a it's also right on the beach. 10 mins to Glenelg which has a heap of restaurants and a few good pubs as well.

·
Registered
nissan
863 Posts
Google Aldinga Beach caravan park. I've heard that it's good, & you can drive onto the beach at Aldinga (not full-on 4wd, but good parking if you want a day at the beach)

·
Registered
405 Posts
Aldinga is about a 40+ minute drive to Glenelg and there is not much else there to do.

·
Gone Fishing
NISSAN 1989 GQ PATROL
6,203 Posts
Big4 marion has just had a big renno, never stayed but looks the goods. :) Bout 20 mins. from city centre

·
Registered
405 Posts
Big4 marion has just had a big renno, never stayed but looks the goods. :) Bout 20 mins. from city centre
Yeah that's in a good location. less than 10 mins to Brighton beach and only a few minutes from Westfield marion.

·
just a good guy.
2009 gu ute
9,513 Posts
Kingston Caravan Park. 5 minute walk to the Seacliff Pub and a it's also right on the beach. 10 mins to Glenelg which has a heap of restaurants and a few good pubs as well.
Kingston park now closed for a major upgrade.

·
Gone Fishing
NISSAN 1989 GQ PATROL
6,203 Posts
OP where ever you stay it would pay to book it now as they soon fill up :)

·
BORDERTREK 4X4 & FABRICATION
8,549 Posts
X2 would want to have booked a cabin months ago

Good ones we've stayed at were Big 4 Marion, Christies Beach Tourist Pk (almost on foreshore) and Levi Caravan Pk at Vale Park.
By good I mean they were in nice settings and great amenities and well kept, little or no permanents, and nothings real far away from anything in Adelaide lol.
At Levi Cvan pk there is a massive beautiful old colonial house in the middle of it which used to belong to a wealthy pastoralist Phillip Levi but its a bed and breakfast now

·
Registered
nissan
1,086 Posts
We are at west adelaide van park now. Been here a few days, windy as fk. Had to take annex down and a few others had to pack up. Parks good not sure if its normal weather for here. Walk to surf club and yacht club towards glenelg. Yacht club has amazing food but only food on sat sun and wed iirc. Mrs had barra and it was awesome. Tram from glenelg to city is $10 each but parking at glenelg was $2/ hr cops everywhere with meter men so pay up. Close to woolies etc. Nice showers etc cabins looked good but maybe dont book beachfront as wind will play a factor. Happy to scope anything you need while we are here.

·
Gone Fishing
NISSAN 1989 GQ PATROL
6,203 Posts
yeh struck a bad week for wind, supposedly calming down next day or so.

·
Currently in PAD rehab
18,407 Posts
There are some very nice restaurants in glenelg. Sammys on the marina is very expensive, but awesome seafood.

Phuket Thai on the brighton road end of jetty road is very authentic (i know the owners). Also the BBQ inn next door is good.

If you catch the tram into the city there is the central markets at the Victoria square stop, then jump back on the tram (its free in the city) and get off at rundle mall. Or do them over 2 days if you wanna take your time.

If you like laksa look for the laksa house in the markets food court. Lots of food and eateries in the city.

Rundle street on the end of rundle mall is good for a stroll too. You can park in some places in the city for 2 hours for free but the sticker lickers will jump you if you are a minute over. All day parking is $15-$20 in some car parks. Some have higher clearances than others.

The wind seems to have dropped off this morning which should be a relief.

Padded from my LG-D855 using Padatalk.

Reactions: purplebus

·
Currently in PAD rehab
18,407 Posts
Also, you can drive to many of the tramstops away from glenelg and park your car for free all day at the 'park and ride'.

I'd steer clear of any shopping centres with Westfield written on them unless you like crowds:)

Padded from my LG-D855 using Padatalk.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts