Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys (and Gals), I've had some problems with my adic motor on a 1985 MK with sd33 motor.
It started off with the engine not stopping from time to time. This was not too much of a problem as the adic motor came to rest in the central position so it was possible to stop the engine manually. However the situation has changed, the adic motor has come to rest in the fully forward position so the only way I could stop the engine was to remove the adic motor control arm, allowing the ip lever to return to center and hence stop it.
The adic motor now does not move AT ALL it is locked in the forward position irrespective of ignition key possition.
So, a couple questions, does anyone have a wiring schematic for the 12 volt version of the sd33 that indicates where the adic gets it;s information? or am i looking at a dead adic motor.
Thanks for any answers.

·
Registered
nissan
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for that, so I should be able to disconnect the two "M" terminals, connect them up to the battery direct and at least determine if the motor works before ripping everything else out to find the open circuit.

·
Premium Member
Y62
2,628 Posts
Thanks for that, so I should be able to disconnect the two "M" terminals, connect them up to the battery direct and at least determine if the motor works before ripping everything else out to find the open circuit.
Yes that will show you if the motor moves. I would be checking the basics first. Check wire harness for signs of damage, check control module for signs of damage like corrosion and all the inputs.

·
Rust is just natural weight reduction.
1986 SD33T SWB
11,501 Posts
The most common issue with these is that the motor and terminals inside the EDIC get covered with dirt or corrosion.
They are fairly simple to take apart and clean up.

·
Registered
nissan
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the input guys,
It turned out to be something to do with the edic to loom plug. I disconnected it to see if I could determine where power was coming from and going to, in the process wiggled a lot of cables. I didn't find anything definitive but when I plugged them back together, the edic whirred and reset itself to the central position. So I thought "what the heck" and reconnected the control arm, when I then worked the ignition switch every thing worked as it should and is still doing so.
So problem fixed but I really can't say why or how.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts