Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
nissan patrol
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im lookin into a new turbo for my 2000 gu 4.2t but i cant decide witch turbo to run?? i was hoping for some info of people runnig these turbos, i have an ase frount mount with 2.5in inlet side piping and i am lookin at one of the turbo upgrade kits TURBO KIT NISSAN PATROL - 4WD PERFORMANCE - 4WD TURBO KITS - TURBO KIT TD42 NISSAN PATROL DIESEL UPGRADE - ASETurbo i will be runnig the stock pump for now but i will upgrade to a 13mm set up later on down the track. thouths on the turbo are gt2876 or a gt3071 or 76. its a daily driver and i tow a ski boat with the ute. any feedback on theese turbos would be a help

·
Registered
nissan patrol
315 Posts
i'm no expert mate but i did have a car a few years back that i fitted a disco patato too (2860) and the going price then was $1600. i cant see another $1000 in some oil lines and an adaptor flange and dump.... especially seen you will have to go custom to suit your intercooler set up. my 2c

·
Registered
nissan patrol
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i have a 3in dump already too but im not sure if they are the same flange or not. may be cheaper to just get a turbo from somewhere else?

·
Registered
nissan
796 Posts
I just put a gt2860rs on my gq 4.2, got it for $1400 from MTQ
also I had to get dts manifold $550, oil water line kit $250, adapter plate, dump flange and custom dump $140
I did a new intercooler and that at the same time
dyno on 33's, stock gq pump with boost compensator, zd30 air box, 3" straight through and 13psi of boost got 125.6hp at 2800rpm and 800lb of torque at 2200rpm (nice and low in the rev range)

I find it really good, picks up alot quicker compared to old turbo (122hp at 3800rpm 15psi everything the same) towed a hilux back from landcruiser park, did it easy, heaps of power up the hills

I got alot of helpful info from this thread and theres a fair few other threads around too
http://www.patrol4x4.com/forum/diy-...ries-40/garrett-gt2860rs-turbo-upgrade-37212/

·
Registered
nissan patrol
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
did you get the dts manifold so u didnt have to run an adaptor plates? im lookin at the adaptors because of the price difference

·
Registered
nissan
796 Posts
yeah t3 - t25, 2 piece from MTQ was like $175
I think there is a guy that does a 1 piece adapter for a bit cheaper on the forum somewhere

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
a Gt2876, will be a little to laggy i would think for what you want, I to run the 2860 and find it a very good all rounder ;), anything bigger will be good for max power at max revs, but seriously not worth putting something on the doesn't start to spool up until 2500rpm

the disco matches the TD42 very well starts to build boost as low as 1200rpm ( setup dependant) and runs good strong boost right up to 3000/3800rpm, perfect range for the td engine

·
Green Machine
nissan
881 Posts
whats your point?
More Fuel! lol

Quite suprised to see a thread on a 3071 when I searched and even more surprised to find it new. Im also going down the same route on my 99 GU with gas injection.

I will be using the standard manifold as I want to keep my dual batts. Going a full size intercooler but still undecided on what im going to do regarding air box and snorkel.

·
Anger management pi$$es me off
nissan
7,539 Posts
yeah,ive also got a gt3071 sitting there but going down a diffrent route due to towing a 3.5t boat around.ive got a mill weld snorkel sitting there but as for an air box its still undecided

1 - 11 of 11 Posts