Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I'm new to this forum, one of my mates recommended it. If anyone out there would be able to give me some advice i'd really appreciate it! I'm looking at buying my first 4WD it's a 1989 Patrol, 4.2 diesel, long wheel base, tidy for age, has done a claimed 187000k's, manual, factory rear diff locker. What are some things I should look out for before buying this old beast? Once again any advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks!!

·
Registered
nissan
383 Posts
Welcome to the forumz...

First off I'd have to say it looks like REALLY low K's for its age. I'd be checking this first to see if the K's are legit.

Like check the steering wheel for wear, belts being frayed, excessive carpet/seat wear that could be inconsistent with the stated K's. If it's age inside doesn't seem to add up the the K's then I'd be sus on the whole thing.

First rule of buying - don't trust the seller, they lie.

Other usualy stuff - service/log book.
Where's it located, has it been between states, if so why?
Any excessive rust (e.g in the gutters, around the back windows.
Accident repairs, previous write-off?
Has it been boosted, if so id there EGT and Boost installed or has the owner just dialled it in and left it without checking.

If it is legit low k's well looked after, could be a good buy, depending on the price. Second rule of buying - never pay the asking price.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts