Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Firstly let me say, what a great forum, so much info.

I did plenty of research and I have invested in my own GU Patrol with a ZD30. I checked it over pretty good and am happy with my purchase, but i had a question regarding the EGR Block.

I bought a 1.2mm SS laser cut block from eBay and fitted myself. On taking it for a test run, it seems to be more responsive on the pedal and accelerates faster than before the mod, but I am not seeing the turbo peak as high as it did before.

Prior to fitting the EGR block I was seeing peaks of 15PSI on the boost gauge. It would hover around 10PSI during cruising but when you put the foot down would peak at 15, and during take off, i would see it steadily rising as revs increased.

Now after the mod was fitted, it seems to max at 12Psi, but only under extreme acceleration, average of 7-8Psi cruising and although the car seems to be accelerating better, i am not seeing the boost gauge register anything until 3000rpm and does not rise rel quick, in fact most of the time it registers less than 5Psi.

I haven't yet done the long flat road test as advised in the "ZD30 Y61 Reference Document - Colour.pdf" document I found on this site as all the roads near me are windy and hilly, so as soon as I can I will do the test on a long flat rd.

I sort of expected (from my research) to see it boost higher and that i would need to adjust the VNT to prevent this, but seems to have gone the other way on mine.

One thing to note, i have not yet adjusted the VNT screw as i wanted to see if it needed adjusting first. Also the guys before me had the Turbo replaced with a better one, apparently the original one may have been oil cooled and the new one is water cooled, or the other way around he couldn't really remember, but it is supposed to be slightly better than the original. Also at this stage no dawes valve, I don't have time to order/fit one as the car is heading out this weekend to Kakadu.

I appreciate any advice as i said, i am new to the Patrol and plan to do plenty of travel in it, both on and off road, so i want to make sure i get it right.

·
Registered
nissan
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Also Note

I should also add, this car has a 3" exhaust fitted, DP Chip (on setting 4) and was rebuilt 70,000KLMs ago with a new Head. Injector pump was not touched when rebuilt, so no update of pump map.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts