Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Master Coalroller
nissan
3,234 Posts
These 4.5 petrols are solid and without major issues, bit thirsty on fuel though. Should be getting into these for under $10K.
Do a search on GU 4.5 or 4500 in the search function above to find out more

·
Premium Member
nissan
8,034 Posts
GUs with the TB45 engine are a bit low on power and a bit high on thirst but they are often available at great prices. If you've driven one and are happy with it then that's fine. Check for cracking where the window frame on the large barn door joins the main part of the door. Check the rear spring mounts on the chassis are not bent or cracked. Check the front radiator support panel for rust.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
GUs with the TB45 engine are a bit low on power and a bit high on thirst but they are often available at great prices. If you've driven one and are happy with it then that's fine. Check for cracking where the window frame on the large barn door joins the main part of the door. Check the rear spring mounts on the chassis are not bent or cracked. Check the front radiator support panel for rust.
Will do thank you!

·
Registered
Nissan 98 GU Patrol
4 Posts
Hi.. I have had a 1998 TB45 GU Patrol for more than 20 years now. They are very thirsty on fuel, but super reliable. I use Moreys for fuel additive and have installed a snorkel, extractors, hiclones and only use premium petrol and get a good performance, but still expensive to run. I also installed a hydrogen generator and saw the fuel consumption drop 12% around the city and more than 30% when towing a trailer (2t load) in country runs with an increase in horsepower. I can tow anything, go anywhere so long as I don’t mind paying for fuel. The kms on the clock is just under 200,000kms.

·
Registered
GQ Dual Cab. TD42Ti with fruit.
6,380 Posts
Given your recent post in regards to a CRD, you must be keen on a Patrol of whatever model you can get into. No argument from most of us on here of course, as we are all owners.

So assuming you do not want a Pajero, or anything else, I think it would help if you can tell us what you want to do with the vehicle. As an example, the above vehicle being an old petrol auto, is likely to be well priced, no major inherent faults, and a great 4wd for off road use. I have a mate who bought one for this exact purpose. As it was a petrol it was cheap compared to a diesel, and it was in superb condition. He only drives occasionally, so fuel costs are not a big factor. But as a daily driver, the fuel costs may be a concern. My cousin had a petrol auto, and he loved it, but taking the kids to school each day cost a lot in fuel.

So, what do you want it for?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.