Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
2002 Nissan Patrol GU3 ZD30DI wagon
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm wanting to buy some rear drawers and suitable cargo barrier for my 2002 GU3 but I'm not sure whether I should be looking for a half height cargo barrier to fit with the drawers, or whether a full-height barrier is fine? I'm looking for a secondhand cargo barrier, as they come up reasonably regularly at a good saving over a new barrier. The drawers may be new (Kings through 4wd Superstore are well priced and seem to be well made), or secondhand - it just depends on what comes up. So which should I be looking to buy first, and should I be looking to buy a full, or half, cargo barrier? Thanks, Stephen

·
Premium Member
2003 ZD30 Di Patrol (The rare Gold one)
25,595 Posts
My supacentre drawers fit with a full length cargo barrier. The only mod I did to the barrier was to cut the mesh out below the level of the drawers so I could use that space inbetween for stuff like amps, inverter (removed atm) and power distribution.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks @skegbudley for your reply and including the photo - much appreciated. Stephen

Reactions: skegbudley

·
Registered
2003 zd30 manual wagon
517 Posts
Hi Stephen

I've got the same set up as skegbudley, titan rear drawers and a full size cargo barrier.

Works well, how ever, a cargo barrier starting at the top of the drawers would be fine too.

Just see what you can find 2nd hand

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks @speedy_1 - Gumtree and I are becoming great friends!

·
Registered
09 ZD30 CRD Wagon
535 Posts
Just be aware the drawers aren’t as simple an install as they may seem.

I bought second hand kings and had a bastard of a time getting them as the door aperture is a very tight squeeze for the drawers when they are assembled already. Put some scratches in my rear door cards. The fitment didn’t end up perfect and I may even consider buying a new wing kit at some point

I would pay the extra $100ish and go brand new

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
46,863 Posts
The draws in mine are getting on, it is an outback system, fitted snorkel and barrier when my 2000 was only 6 months old, draws went in maybe a year later, prior to draws I had a full cargo barrier which I then swapped for a half. Never had an issue, like anything, if you buy quality it looks after itself.

·
Registered
nissan
148 Posts
Stephen,
I have attacehed some pictures of my setup:
I hope this give you some ideas of what can be done.

Cargo barrier fitted is a half barrier.
Not sore what brand of draws i have, but make sure you get the one with side wings as this gives you more options to customize!

One mortification i recomend is to install some strip lighting in the draws before you fit them.
The switch for the strip lights can be mounted on the draw wings.

Good luck modifing your 4wd mate.

Attachments

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
Patrol GU 2002
134 Posts
My supacentre drawers fit with a full length cargo barrier. The only mod I did to the barrier was to cut the mesh out below the level of the drawers so I could use that space inbetween for stuff like amps, inverter (removed atm) and power distribution.

Just keep in mind that the space behind seat with that barrier wont allow you for a water bladder if thats what you want just saying.

·
Premium Member
2003 ZD30 Di Patrol (The rare Gold one)
25,595 Posts
Just keep in mind that the space behind seat with that barrier wont allow you for a water bladder if thats what you want just saying.
You could make a tank to fit that space but its better for other stuff

·
Registered
Patrol GU 2002
134 Posts
Hi Stephen

I've got the same set up as skegbudley, titan rear drawers and a full size cargo barrier.

Works well, how ever, a cargo barrier starting at the top of the drawers would be fine too.

Just see what you can find 2nd hand
can you buy these half barriers?

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Don’t bother with the drawers with the built in fridge slide. They are a crap idea.
Especially if you put straps or jumpers/clothes in the drawer. As when you pull the fridge drawer out. Possible for crap to flick up and block the slide from closing. Needing to remove fridge so you can climb in.
Just use a fridge slide bolted to the top. And build a box around the fridge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Marko_SJ

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hadn't even considered a water bladder - thanks @trimixdiver for the suggestion. Thanks @shakey55 for the OffRoad systems info - their drawers look good but most probably more than I can stretch my drawers budget too but their pix are good and the accessories (cargo barrier with cargo shelf option, water bladder, security lock-up etc) are all very appealing - well thought out quality products. Thanks @turps - the built-in slide idea was looking attractive - I hadn't considered the downsides you mentioned.

Reactions: turps

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
I used mine for awhile while I was waiting for my fridge drawer to turn up. Pissed me off more than once.

That’s where the box around the fridge is a benefit also. As long as the fridge can vent at the front or back. They can be completely closed in.
You then don’t need to be as good at car Tetris. You can just jam stuff in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2011 zd30
3 Posts
I want to put some some rear drawers in my 2011 wagon. Looking at ones from 4x4 supacrntre is there room at back of drawers for eletricals. Chargers,inverters,fuse block etc also would like to put a rear cargo like in skegs pictures. Need to keep rear seats

1 - 20 of 47 Posts