Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Nissan Patrol
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello to all, Mark from Darwin all new to this forum with a new Y62 picked up early June. I had thought about buying a Y62 from late 2013 when huge discounts were available around Aus at Christmas. I sat on it for a while and thought of flying down south to pick one up. Then I found a new 2013 complied (built Nov 2012) Y62 in Ti build at the local dealer in Darwin and he had stepped from $92K to $79K to $65K and then after two days of pestering him they took my $60K cash for an on road price that avoided all but a bit over a hundred dollars luxury sales tax. I had done all my sums for ownership and really could not bring myself to spend $100K on a diesel variant other brand. I have owned a GU-IV 2004 3.0 Diesel since 2009 and have really enjoyed it and have kept it for getting about with our Patriot X1 Camper. The two are miles apart but we will be using the Y62 for long distance trips on the Stuart Highway for the engineering standard, motoring safety and comfort and quietness to arrive at the destination without the thumping from a rigid live axle and all other qualities on offer with the robust Y61.

Very happy with the Y62 for many reasons: cost was affordable; operating costs reasonable at 15.54 litres per hundred currently around town (1,800 km on clock); insurance $1,200 per year anywhere in Australia agreed value of $86,000; Long Genuine Warranty 150,000 and six years from Nissan Australia; safety with ANCAP 3; power; acceleration to avoid accidents (overtaking long haul road trains, Tee Intersections standing start); overall suspension refinement and road handling; interior room and refinement; depreciation and re-sale (you're already starting off a base $30K under other similar vehicles and that is a lot of fuel difference in cost between diesel and petrol as well as a lot of depreciation already allowed for; lower capped price servicing costs than for diesel vehicles of similar size. I cannot see anything else for this value in the Australian Market and cannot wait to do our first trip down the guts to Adelaide. Nice one Nissan! Overall wonderful engineering!I could not be happier and the wife is happy too not waiting 45 seconds to overtake a road train.

Price Clarification: $60K 2013 complied Ti Y62 + $2,490 Genuine Nissan 6 year 150,000 km Warranty + $2,010 3,500 kg Nissan Towbar = $64,500 total Drive away price for my 2013 Ti.

·
Registered
nissan
268 Posts
Well summarised ...and you certainly got a deal with the Ti.

Apart from the smooth power the motor delivers its the confidence that the motor has heaps of reserve and has a life of years and several hundred thousand kms.

This was not the feeling I had with my 2 previous y61 s....and judging by other forums other diesel owners have ie ditch it as soon as warranty expires.

Anyway. .congrats

John b

·
Registered
Nissan Patrol
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks very much John - it is a wonderful feeling. I could not justify the thought either of having to spend big dollars on a Duramax or something if the ZD blew. Probably won't as we are not pushing hard with only a 1,200 kg camper - but who would pump another $30-$40K into a motor to get the Y61 going hard? Thanks again and best wishes! - Mark

·
LED ZEPPELIN
1995 GQ TD42 NA
12,022 Posts
Hello and welcome Mark. I agree with John, that's a good insight into the Y62, and lucky you to also have the late GU for the rougher stuff. Very nice combo :)

Reactions: Rolling Start

·
Registered
nissan
932 Posts
Agree totally Mark. I paid $73k for my Ti-L and the way this thing is still pulling like a schoolboy at 160k/h has to be experienced to be believed. All the technology plus the fit and finish puts it streets ahead of the cruiser. My wife got in the GXL cruiser after the Patrol (she knows jack about cars) and she said "this can't be 90 grand"!!

Reactions: Rolling Start

·
Registered
108 Posts
Wow, that's indeed incredible value! My local Nissan dealer in Melbourne is trying to sell an ex-demo ST-L (2013 build, 2014 compliance plate) with under 3,000 kms for $60K drive away. But that's not really a good deal considering a Ti can be had for! Thanks for confirming the model.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
554 Posts
My stl was 55 but would have loved to fork out extra 5 for the ti.

Too bad no sat nav as an option on both model

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Nissan Patrol Y62 Ti-L
61 Posts
The bargain of the year were Ti-L models November 2013 build in grey or sand for $79990 drive away in several states. A second hand Ti-L in SA was offered here with 30+k for similar money!!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts