Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all.

i purchased a new agm battery some time ago, that has not long run out of warranty. and it has dropped a cell. which annoys me to no end, im anal about keeping my batteries healthy, and have low voltage disconnects etc... its maintained by solar etc...

so, im hoping that someone has an in-date receipt for a

Ultimate UL-120 AGM battery.

so that i can try and get it swapped out to a new one. (i know, not a very good thing, but after been told to expect 5 + years, and having it in the cab, with all the precautions i can use, it annoys me.) you can get them from battery world. obviously, since it is out of warranty, they wont do anything.

if this is past the line, please remove the thread.

cheers

Jason

·
GHMBC #3
nissan patrol gq lwb,3"lift.
3,788 Posts
hahaha just like supercheap auto is a hire shop when you need a mig to weld up a big trailer hahahaha $299 flog it hard and get store credit for stuff you really want

·
Registered
nissan
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I did think that. But i will be going for a full river if i have to get one new. Just wanted to see if anyone in the patrol community had one

Cheers

Jason

·
Premium Member
nissan
7,124 Posts
how about buy one,keep receipt and take old battery back after a mth with new receipt and get a refund
This can work for other stuff but not for batteries. When you buy a battery they mark the month of sale on the battery. Taking back a battery with a different month to the date of your receipt will get you nowhere.

The OP will find this out if he tries to go through with his plan.

Cheers,

·
GHMBC #3
nissan patrol gq lwb,3"lift.
3,788 Posts
This can work for other stuff but not for batteries. When you buy a battery they mark the month of sale on the battery. Taking back a battery with a different month to the date of your receipt will get you nowhere.

The OP will find this out if he tries to go through with his plan.

Cheers,
yeah pull the brand new sticker off if it has one and re stick to battery.the last 3 batteries I have bought have no manufacturers date sticker on them,2 mtm and 1 supercharge.all 3 are calcium

·
Currently in PAD rehab
18,404 Posts
They stamp the month and year into the lead terminal posts. Well they have for everyone that I have bought.
Also a good way to check to see how long they have been sitting on the shelf...

·
Premium Member
nissan
7,124 Posts
yeah pull the brand new sticker off if it has one and re stick to battery.the last 3 batteries I have bought have no manufacturers date sticker on them,2 mtm and 1 supercharge.all 3 are calcium
I haven't seen the sticker method used for over a decade. Here they either stamp the positive post as dronus said or melt it into the plastic with a hot iron. I guess us country hillbilly types here in deep dark North Queensland can't be trusted.

Cheers,

1 - 12 of 12 Posts