Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I have put up with my car without my cetral locking remote for about a year now. I am over it. Just bought an aftermarket reciever with 2 fobs as the genuine is to expensive and never worked very well any how.

Wondering if anyone knows where the original receiver is located and how to interconnect the new one. I have attached a wiring diagram of the new receiver.

Any Help greatly appreciated.

Attachments

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
To go further and clear it up. I have a 2002 st zd30 and it does have remote central locking. I only ever had one remote until it started playing up and eventually died.

·
Registered
851 Posts
I'm not sure about the GU (search?) but on my GQ I used a mechanical connection between the aftermarket remote and the factory key operated central locking. The mechanical connection was made by installing an aftermarket actuator in the drivers door powered via the aftermarket alarm.

When the fob is pressed the aftermarket actuator pops the rod on the drivers door, which then fires the rest of the doors via the switch on the existing factory master actuator.

·
Registered
nissan patrol gu 4x4
980 Posts
Original reciever is next to the radio on the left side, White plastic box.
If you work out how to wire in the new unit, let me know, I'm in the same boat as you

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Firstgu,

if you still need some info pm me your email and ill send you a doc with some schematics and pinouts and some descriptions on how the system works, another member sent it too me. It makes it piss of cake. I think it is just an extract out of the service manual.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts