Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
nissan patrol
893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gday all

Im looking at putting some new seats into my gq ive searched around on here noticed people putting vs-vy commo seats in im not a big fan of them nor the way that they have been mounted.

Has anyone fitted some buckets (autotecnica) or something adr approved? if so did they just bolt in or did you have to make a dodgy bracket.

Can someone enlighten me of how they did it with some pics please?

cheers charlie

·
Registered
nissan
1,260 Posts
There are a few people that have fitted r33 skyline seats, This is the option i am going to go for very comfortable and from the posts I have seen on here just as easy to fit as commonwhore seats.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
oh yer ill try search that?

·
Registered
nissan
253 Posts
not that this helps but had the wheel alignment guy ask if my seats were factory or not, which they are. He swore they looked like Honda Integra ones...

·
Part of the furniture
nissan
4,563 Posts
check my build thread,

ive got ADR aproved autoteccy buckets, had to make up a dodgey bracket like everyone else.
just a tip, you need to do a bracked for both rails, if you only do one, the seat will sit too much towards the door.

they are not to bad to sit in, but ive never been on my ass in the thing for more then about 3 hours.

·
Registered
nissan
2,695 Posts
Here's mine...non dodgy mounting brackets are needed though...

·
Registered
nissan
707 Posts
There are a few people that have fitted r33 skyline seats, This is the option i am going to go for very comfortable and from the posts I have seen on here just as easy to fit as commonwhore seats.
I have an R33 and i must say i prefer my Patrol seats. R33 seats seem so cheap and thin. Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
nissan
96 Posts
90's model rodeo seats fit great and only need a few washers under the bolts, because they already line up, they're comfy and hold you well.
Pretty much any flat based seat will fit well.
Personally i find commodore seats too high when they're fitted.
Just make sure your brackets are strong or you'll break the rear mount in the floor when the rails flex.

·
Registered
nissan
2,695 Posts
Not exactly, they are from an RA (sti in this case). As you can see from the pic, the underneath of the RA seats just has some wire springs and the base if flat, allowing them to bolt in with nothing more than an adaption to allow the original inner rail to sit approx 1.5 inch further out than the seat anchor points. The outer frame bolt holes on the seat base line up perfectly with the factory rail holes.

Very comfortable and great for off road, keeping you firmly planted.

·
Slow But Reliable
nissan gq patrol
527 Posts
90's model rodeo seats fit great and only need a few washers under the bolts, because they already line up, they're comfy and hold you well.
Pretty much any flat based seat will fit well.
Personally i find commodore seats too high when they're fitted.
Just make sure your brackets are strong or you'll break the rear mount in the floor when the rails flex.
Sounds good. What year Rodeo and how much did you pay? Do they feel better than Patrol seats? And you didn't need brackets to be made up?

·
Registered
nissan gq swb
483 Posts
Monty, do you have any pics of the XR8/6 seats in the bus?

I had a 1999 Rodeo, and the seats were pretty average IMHO. Had to get new foams at 30,000ks.

Does anyone know if new GQ seat foams are available from Nissan still?

·
Registered
GQ Dual Cab. TD42Ti with fruit.
5,567 Posts
My 2000 model Rodeo seats were so bad that after about 5 hrs I could barely get out of the car. It was brand new. I changed them for Skyline seats which were waaay better.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
154 Posts
i like the feel of ba seats. whats involved in putting them in

·
Registered
nissan
42 Posts
the two front seat hole on the ba seats bolt straight in and the rear just needed a bracket made up about 2 inch long and the bracket closer to the door i spaced up with one inch spacers that i turned up. as for pics i dont have any yet try to put some up on the weekend

·
Registered
nissan
96 Posts
gq waghoon the seats were out of a 88 to 93ish rodeo there the same through those years. They held me well and were comfortable.
I got them off a mate for free but im sure being that old they wouldn't fetch more than $100.
No brackets were needed just a few washers or one small piece of pipe under the rear side to keep the back rest strait.
And if you get them out of a space cab they even have the pull bit the same as the SWB.
By the sounds of it they're similar in design to the XR seats except they're not leather, or nearly as expensive.
Monty 76 how high were the BA seats?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts