Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2000 GU 3.0L Patrol that is missing two of the clips that hold the air box together. I have been to half a dozen wreckers with no joy.

Any chance some one out there have some lying around after doing some mods?:grin:

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
48,269 Posts
I have a 2000 GU 3.0L Patrol that is missing two of the clips that hold the air box together. I have been to half a dozen wreckers with no joy.

Any chance some one out there have some lying around after doing some mods?:grin:
Mate, been through this myself, couldn't get hold of one for love nor money. Got hold of an old stainless steel hose clip (has some spring quality) and cut off the threaded part shaped the solid bit into a clip, bent it up and Bob's your uncle, it works great, if you shape the bottom correctly it won't fall off either, and it won't rust!!

·
Registered
GQ Dual Cab. TD42Ti with fruit.
5,185 Posts
Get them from Nissan for not much either. They are not available as a part for the Patrol, but they are for the Navara. I think it is the 2.5 motor that has them.

·
Registered
3,017 Posts
Try part number 16598 53J01 or 16598 53J0A (same part alternate part number)

These are the ones listed for the TD42T & TI and the RD28T and RD28TI

Interestingly the ZD30 ones are not listed as a seperate part but the ZD30 takes the same element as the above engines

Regards Don

·
Autos are Superior
11,701 Posts
Rapson said:
I have been to half a dozen wreckers with no joy.
Have you tried Nissan?

·
Autos are Superior
11,701 Posts
its a killer at about $2.50 from memory. was a few years ago

·
Enemy of Reality
nissan 09 gu patrol
11,848 Posts
yeah, not everything is expensive from Nissan... I got a new clip for the dicky flare thing under the passenger's door. God knows why they put it there and not built it into the sidestep... anyway, it ws only 2.50, and that way 3 months ago.

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
48,269 Posts
yeah, not everything is expensive from Nissan... I got a new clip for the dicky flare thing under the passenger's door. God knows why they put it there and not built it into the sidestep... anyway, it ws only 2.50, and that way 3 months ago.
I had fun making my own clips, sometimes you get a bit of spare time when your semi retired. Now if only the weather would clear to get the boat offshore.

·
Enemy of Reality
nissan 09 gu patrol
11,848 Posts
Semi retired? Showoff.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts