Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1995 gq patrol nissan
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some of you wil know I have stainless turbo manifolds in the pipeline for the td42/tb42. I am now looking to do a more or less complete kit and was looking at airbox designs for turbo use.

It will be made from stainless and was hoping some of you can give me some tried tested designs that I can mass produce with decent costings.

Regards

·
Registered
nissan
675 Posts
This GU type is the cast one supplied by MTQ, I would say it's tried and tested.
No idea of costings though.

Patrol 021.jpg

·
Registered
3,955 Posts
those use a landcruiser element I believe.
Tried and tested? check
pretty cheap too. you need to be able to beat them on price.

·
Registered
nissan
675 Posts
Mike, GU element. Not sure what you mean "Tried and tested? check", they have been an option for years, and never heard any negative.

Ice, I don't no what the price is as it came with the kit, however some of the boys were trying to get a bulk buy going at one stage. Think the thread was lost in the crash, but the cost was up there, from memory $300ish.
The pipe is the engine breather?, what some attach catch cans to.

I thought you just wanted peps to throw up ideas?

·
Registered
3,955 Posts
check = as in when you tick things off on a list.
the one I looked at took a cruiser element but looks pretty much identical.

done right in sheet it would be very lightweight but complicated to make and seal properly.
you might be better off doing something different, design it to take 2 v6 commodore flat paper elements. cheap to replace and you aren't re-inventing the wheel in a different metal.

·
Registered
1995 gq patrol nissan
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No other designs then? I am looking for something high flow otherwise not worth making!

·
Registered
1995 gq patrol nissan
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I am thi8nking of making a ZD30 copy with some improvements if people can think. I will probably look to produce in quite a few numbers, what do you guys think?

·
Registered
nissan patrol
11 Posts
On the topic of commodore filters. If you wanted to use a flat pannel and keep it genuine there is always the efi pannel filters. A pod type filter in a cylinder is the other option. They are readily avalible and easy to seal.

·
Registered
3,955 Posts
On the topic of commodore filters. If you wanted to use a flat pannel and keep it genuine there is always the efi pannel filters. A pod type filter in a cylinder is the other option. They are readily avalible and easy to seal.
that's what I was saying.. they never did a carby v6 commodore...
use 2 elements side by side, because they are 2 separate panels you can put then at right angles to each other. or even "pointier" big surface area and you could make it about the size of a N70Z battery.
VN commo filters are about $6 each.

·
Registered
1995 gq patrol nissan
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
I am also looking at adding a better snorkel fitting to make it easier. I have read around people have issues adding the zd30 box and bonnet not closing, I can get a a lid made from stainless to get around this issue and hopefully give better flow like the billet lid but without the high price!

BTW, anybody interested in stainless snorkels?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts